Fathers day Strip Loins - any marinades for share?

I always check out where the fruits and veggies are coming from, but I'll be checking out the fine print on the meat now too!:oops:
If Mexico beef is the same as Panama beef their cows looked like half donkey and tough as rubber I can see why they would not grade it

I have a friend that runs a restaurant who swears by lightly coating them with olive oil before rubbing with you spice of choice then letting them rest covered overnight in the fridge. Always seemed to work for him and his steaks are really tender.

The chemical make up of colas makes for a good meat tenderizer , same for citrus juices, tomato juice and various types of salad dressings.
I already picked up a 4 pack of strip loins from Zhers but have to go to T-burg on Monday and will check Metros ad. As for being ungraded ? It doesn't necessarily mean the meat is not good but you have to grade it yourself as opposed to a trained professional who is paid by the manufacturer to classify their product.

@Mrs. Stomp how did they turn out?
@hvyhaul I tried 2 of the marinades and both were tasty and tender 😋. I did one marinade using @fishstalker "The Perfect Steak" recipe and another using the "Coke" recipe from @fishing girl pink . Neither were overly salty and the Coke one didn't taste like the soft drink but did a good job of getting the strip loins tender. @stomp did a nice job on the grill (as usual). Here's looking forward to trying the other suggestions and also some summer briskets!

did the strip loin thingy this afternoon----marinade in cola for three hours---light rub of olive oil---sprinkle of garlic/red pepper/salt/pepper

pan fried cuz we're not allowed bbq on our balcony.....not bad but not as "tender" as I thought it might be. prefer rib steaks

Meat graded as Prime is top of the list followed by Choice/AAA then Select/AA which is based on the age of the animal and the fat marbling of the meat. There are another 5 grades of meat but I won't bore you with that. Next time you are shopping look in the glass counter at the good stuff then compare it to what's on the shelf where we usually shop and you will see the difference.

Yup @Old Cut LongPointer years back when I bought my briskets from a single source, after a lengthy in person chat they told me not to just show up, but to phone ahead, identify myself and order.

The reason, they had two suppliers and one was superior to the other. By identifying myself they would ensure I would get the better quality brisket. If I just showed they couldn't guarantee what would be in the cooler.

Great meat counter and bakery section too.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks