Is it time to pack up the boat?

GMAC

Just wondering how late the season goes. Given my lack of success all year out of Burwell I’m wondering if it’s time to park the boat and spend the winter planning for next year and doing some serious drinking?
How late do you all keep trying to dodge the winds?
Thx.
Graham

Don't pak it in just yet GMAC. Wait till atleast Thanksgiving- then see. Perch fishing MAY start around then. I HOPE!! Be patient my friend. Walters are still there. They move deeper in the fall and start gorging on the smelt to carry them over threw winter and their migration.

The Season goes until I say so on my boat. LOL 🤪

I have a trip planned this week, and probably go for at least another one after that if Mother Nature behaves. 😁

I'll be pulling the boat before my fishing partner goes North in Mid October.

I keep the boat ready up until real winter is in the forcast. I love going out on freak nice days in late October or November. Even if they never happen, boat is ready to hookup to the truck and go. (Just make sure to drain all water and tilt the outboard down)

I fish till just before freezing temps starts , but I trailer it so more options, October and November can be good for perch , if wheater cooperates on Erie , got my biggest bass in November on Simcoe
And the inland lakes bass fishing heats up as well
But if you are stationed in a port on Erie you are limited to the mercy of the winds

I fish till just before freezing temps starts , but I trailer it so more options, October and November can be good for perch , if wheater cooperates on Erie , got my biggest bass in November on Simcoe
And the inland lakes bass fishing heats up as well
But if you are stationed in a port on Erie you are limited to the mercy of the winds
I trailer so I’m good for anywhere.

I had my boat moored in port bruce, but I just pulled it out this weekend. The winds have been crap but there is usually a few beauty late season days. Now I will trailer it to long point and try for perch/pike in various areas including bluff bar. Then I have a trip planned for Quinte in november( to celebrate our 28th anniversary)... Yeah..... She's a keeper! But hey, who wouldn't want to fish Quinte in november for their anniversary.

Good luck, have fun ...

I was kickin around the idea of extending my season into October this year, but I've decided that I'm not going too. I'll keep to my usual "hibernation" patterns. Why screw'em up anymore than they were this year already and mother nature isn't exactly cooperating. It's not like I don't have fish for the winter for as long as it'll last.

IF I can get out again between now and the end of the month, be that to the pier or out with someone in their boat I will, if not, then come Sept 30 at sun down, I'm done for the season, and I'll make a post about how I did this year with my numbers.

The season just never ends... You just change places. I trolled last year until mid-Nov, and then had a nice vertical jigging "classes" at Upper and Lower Niagara almost until the fishing show... I just wish I had time to go musky fishing last fall, I heard later in the fall these crocodiles go nuts, so perhaps will still try this fall.

1600088212384.png1600088403495.png

No tricks, this is Upper Niagara. I believe this laker was released as it was like a few days before Dec 1st.

No tricks, this is Upper Niagara. I believe this laker was released as it was like a few days before Dec 1st.
Thanks. Maybe one of these days I'll make the drive. Not anytime soon, at least not to fish. Wife might wanna go shopping in the area tho.;)

Just wondering how late the season goes. Given my lack of success all year out of Burwell I’m wondering if it’s time to park the boat and spend the winter planning for next year and doing some serious drinking?
How late do you all keep trying to dodge the winds?
Thx.
Graham
@GMAC the season has just begun for fall pike action!!! I won’t pull my boat until Randy (Posts Marina) says the gas pumps are official turned off. Which means the snow is flying and there has been skim of ice on the channel.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks