New Forum

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
OK, we're now (I hope) up and running on the new forum software. I'm working on sending out new passwords, so please watch your inbox if you are wanting to post new material. People are resetting their own passwords with ease, so I've decided not to do the automated e-mail reminder. The old Snitz version of the forum is still operational @ http://www.longpoint.on.ca/forum_old . You can copy and paste March posts from there if you wish.

Please let me know if you run into any problems. There are lots of new features and things to learn. I hope it's an improvement.

Looking good so far Stomp. I hope we see more Avatars under peoples profiles. Looks better than just a empty box

Thanks Fish Farmer. I imagine the avatars will fill up.

Were you able to log in with your old credentials or did you have to request a new password?

thanks for all your work stomp. this is one of the best forums around.
I had to request a new password, it was quick and painless.
Mooner

Thanks Fish Farmer. I imagine the avatars will fill up.

Were you able to log in with your old credentials or did you have to request a new password?
I tried to go on the old site this morning but it said not available so I just typed in Long Point in my browser and I found the new site. I tried to log in but it said my password was wrong so I just filled in forgot password and they emailed a new one, then I changed it back to my old. Not a problem. Everything is good. Just got to get used to new, hard to teach Old Dogs :D . Great to have these boards to get up in the morning and have something to get info while having the morning Java. Your doing a good job. Thanks. Keeps us all informed.

I like it, nice to have the avatar! People can put pics of themselves up....

BD

Site looks good. It took some time to have my password accepted. That might have been me though, because I have a heck of a time reading those two word codes that they give you. Hopefully this post works. By the way it's a beautiful day at Long Point. The lake is pretty flat.

Site looks good. It took some time to have my password accepted. That might have been me though, because I have a heck of a time reading those two word codes that they give you. Hopefully this post works. By the way it's a beautiful day at Long Point. The lake is pretty flat.

Thanks for the feedback 2Gun and for handing out the first 'Like' on the new site. I thought I had switched from the hard to read 'captcha' stuff to my question about Long Point. I'll have a look. I remember a great perch day on Easter a couple of years ago off of St. Williams; wish I was there.

Thanks for the feedback 2Gun and for handing out the first 'Like' on the new site. I thought I had switched from the hard to read 'captcha' stuff to my question about Long Point. I'll have a look. I remember a great perch day on Easter a couple of years ago off of St. Williams; wish I was there.
OK, switched to the question about Long Point instead of the hard to read 'captcha' stuff and changed the timezone to be Eastern Time.

Hey Stomp, ask the location of Jones cottage. 3buoys will never get on:p

BD

like the new site----nice clean format
had to reset my password but not a biggie

good job Stomp

like the new site----nice clean format
had to reset my password but not a biggie

good job Stomp

Thanks Packrat. There was no easy way to copy the encrypted Snitz passwords forward, so everyone has to request a new one. I had an e-mail trigger process ready to go to, but it looks like most have, like you, found it easy to reset their passwords.

OK, we're now (I hope) up and running on the new forum software. I'm working on sending out new passwords, so please watch your inbox if you are wanting to post new material. The old Snitz version of the forum is still operational @ http://www.longpoint.on.ca/forum_old . You can copy and paste March posts from there if you wish.
Please let me know if you run into any problems. There are lots of new features and things to learn. Hope it's an improvement.

Well the first few hours were pretty good, but now performance stinks. I've asked my server guy to have a look, but given the long weekend, this may have to wait until Monday or Tuesday. I can post, but it's slow.

OK, performance is better now; will continue to monitor.

This new software will e-mail for the slightest changes. I suggest you go into your own profile and adjust the settings to reduce the e-mail volume. Click on your avatar or go to link http://www.longpoint.on.ca/forum/index.php?account/contact-details and uncheck most of the stuff.

As well:
  • you might want to make sure your time zone matches the time from where you're posting; mine wasn't set to Eastern time by default.
  • change your privacy settings to reveal only what you're comfortable with

Back