Haldimand Norfolk Cottage Use Ban

My letter came in the mailbox yesterday, I doubt it will be enforced by local authorities but who knows. I will go down every other weekend just to keep up the property I guess, it won’t be easy to cut the grass when it’s 2 feet long. Long Point will look apocalyptic lol

If the Prime Minister went to his cottage and for that matter crossed over provincial lines then I think it should stand up in court that I should be able to go to my cottage/trailer...JMO
You can ...nobody gonna stop you.. just use common sense and we all good

My letter came in the mailbox yesterday, I doubt it will be enforced by local authorities but who knows. I will go down every other weekend just to keep up the property I guess, it won’t be easy to cut the grass when it’s 2 feet long. Long Point will look apocalyptic lol
After listening to Doug Fords press conference today I suspect your letter will likely be quickly rescinded. A question was asked specifically about this letter. He had no idea about it. He didn’t seem impressed and said would look into it

according to chch this morning the CMO is sticking to his guns on this-----bad choice of words???

You are rigth , but I believe this all you going to get "???????" from the tax man
Maybe so but if you take them to small claims court.. they have to appear, give good reasoning, You give better argument then you win. Worst case... you loose the cost of court cost which for small claims is only around 100.00. I don't own a cottage.... but I'd be looking at that option. Think it could get some good press...

If your the owner of a cottage it does not matter if it is your primary residence or secondary! You have a right to be there maintain your property! These are all false interpretations of power! Now on a secondary note they can however enforce people who do not have any ownership to remain away! They can enforce fines for people who do not have PRIVATE property in haldimond norfolk However if you are at your property they cannot enforce any fines on you! The can only recommend staying away ! Lastly if you are at your property and bylaw enforcement or police show up which they won’t unless you are having a gathering of multiple people and your neighbour calls the bylaw enforcement on you, they are not aloud to be on YOUR property without legal consent ! Don’t let fear blind you of your rights! Stay safe stay smart ! Live free or die!

If your the owner of a cottage it does not matter if it is your primary residence or secondary! You have a right to be there maintain your property! These are all false interpretations of power! Now on a secondary note they can however enforce people who do not have any ownership to remain away! They can enforce fines for people who do not have PRIVATE property in haldimond norfolk However if you are at your property they cannot enforce any fines on you! The can only recommend staying away ! Lastly if you are at your property and bylaw enforcement or police show up which they won’t unless you are having a gathering of multiple people and your neighbour calls the bylaw enforcement on you, they are not aloud to be on YOUR property without legal consent ! Don’t let fear blind you of your rights! Stay safe stay smart ! Live free or die!
Absolutely right Kirby..

"Good for me but not for thee" - if Doug Ford and Aladdin Trudeau can go to their cottages, I see no reason why everyone else cannot. It is possible that the Doug Ford we've elected last year has been kidnapped by aliens and all we see on these "updates" speeches is a holographic projection with robot-controlled voice.

Hey @Kirby see the post for LP Provincial opening Monday.
So let me get this right we’re tax payers and not aloud to occupy our second property but LP provincial can invite people down from god knows where with no place to go and I’m the problem sitting on my deck drinking beer minding my own. They best be retracting either that letter or the opening of the park because that’s BS

So let me get this right we’re tax payers and not aloud to occupy our second property but LP provincial can invite people down from god knows where with no place to go and I’m the problem sitting on my deck drinking beer minding my own. They best be retracting either that letter or the opening of the park because that’s BS
And yet there is some on here that think these people making these decisions aren't dumb dumbs.....hahaha just have to sit back and laugh

Lol that’s what I was saying before they sent that letter out for us to receive last week .... the county is trying to flex there muscles with what they believe are lawful orders ! They aren’t!!!!! They have no way to enforce these so called laws they believe to be setting out. Both times the county has realease orders Doug Ford has had announcements the next day or same day counter act what they have done ! Go to your places enjoy your life don’t let these petty orders and so called laws effect your life! You don’t have to give any bylaw officer any of your information they are not the law! I will garentee you won’t see one ticket fine issued to a owner of a property down there! If you sit there and let anyone write you a ticket on your property well you need to give your head a shake and stand up for your rights!

As I don't have a vested interest in this argument anymore I do have family and friends that do and I should hope that the Ratepayers Assoc. are seeking a legal opinion regarding cottagers rights ?

As I post this there were 346 new cases reported in Ontario.

Last edited:
Like Kirby said it’s the local health minister and the mayor trying to do some muscle flexing but the province keeps doing stufff over and above them making them look inept and behind the ball.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks