You Guy's

Status
Not open for further replies.

can't miss

Sorry if my previous post upset you.
Your not going to go to the trailer park's, trying to find hidden ramps still open, won't work. Why can't you just stop, why is this even a disscussion? Stay home, save others?

Everybody. Stay home, Self Isolate, Be safe guys. Fish are always going to be there. This will end eventually and think of the reproduction that will happen this spring.

Just stay home and stay safe..
How many wives have had a honey-do list that has been so long we haven't had enough time to complete, no excuses now guys, happy wife happy life!

Sorry if this offends anyone but I'm a believer in staying home in a crisis like this. Yes i am losing out of my normal wages but ultimately I am doing the best thing for my family (a 2 year old, both in-laws not in the best of health and Grandparents who are 88 years of age).

Stay home for the people you love guys.
We will hit those waters again.
Be safe.

Don'T think of yourself at a time like this but of the others that you love!
Tight lines guys !!

Here is the latest horoscope for those who know better & are still wandering around outside of their own postage stamp. If we don't start taking this seriously and stay @HOME. We risk prolonging the down tick, which could result in a delayed or no fishing / marina / ramping season. My horoscope says June, if we can all get on the same page. 83432723_10115186364071600_8318921803435081728_n.jpg

Last edited:
Well I did get out yesterday off Jordan Marina. It was a lovely beautiful day. Sorry if this post upset you.

BTW, this was a last day all boat ramps were open. They are all closed now.

How am I going to make coronavirus business worse if I go out to a lake with my fishing buddy, both of us a in good health, taking all the precautions, as opposed to going grocery shopping or taking a bus? Why all of a sudden some people think that they are experts in health? Why are there police officers at the speed trap on QEW are not keeping social distancing of at least 6ft while chatting to each other? Have you even been 10ft from a knife-wielding terrorist? Asking for a friend.

Last edited:
@vmuravin I'm not an expert in health, but, I think you might be wrong when you say you and your buddy are in good health. One or both of you could already be carrying the virus without symptoms. If you two live together, it's less of a problem. However, if not living together and you, for example, are already carrying the virus and your buddy isn't, then you could infect him on a fishing trip (touching the same net, piss bucket, ropes, sneezes, coughs). He could become infected and/or carry the virus to the circle of people with whom he lives and interacts, spreading the virus farther and possibly sickening or killing some in his circle.

Seeing others failing to adhere to the widely accepted distancing precautions doesn't, in my opinion, justify your flaunting of the provincial guidelines. You may be closer to this terrorist than you think and you can't see or easily defend against this foe.

Well the BOSS and I are taking every precaution we can and will continual until this is over. Miss the family most of all... Be safe be apart, thank all those people trying to STOP this...

I think the best thing they could do is give people 5 days to stock up then close everything for 14 days but then again maybe i.m way off base

@stomp I respectively do not agree in part. I do agree that one must be taking precautions as advised. Both me and my fishing buddy are at home for 2 weeks already. He is 3 weeks actually. Yes, I probably look stupid wearing gloves and mask when I am driving, and yes, it looks stupid when I wipe the dock with the sanitizer even after I touch it with gloves and toss them into a garbage bag. Some would probably disagree doing that and that's ok, but given that there are no people at the dock, it is a reasonable precaution to follow. As of yesterday midnight however, we cannot do this anymore.

I was 10ft from a knife-wielding terrorist. I wish nobody go through this experience but this does offer some perspective on some things in our lives. Cheers.

I suspect when you are sick, you go to the doctor to get better. I can't for the life of me understand why, when you are (probably) healthy, you won't listen to the doctor's advice on how not to get sick (and potentially far worse)?
When we use the actions of others to justify our position, we are rationalizing or actions. Making justifications using others who are not abiding by the rules is faulty, and leads to illegitimate outcomes. Apply the same justifications to your terrorist example - why shouldn't the next person who is pissed at a government decision, take a similar course of action or use a gun, for instance? What type of rationalizations did the terrorist require to decide that attacking another human being is a just course of action? Dear Abby used to say - your right to swing your arm ends at the other person's nose. People who are not following the current restrictions are spreading the virus. Not every person, but as we have no effective way of identifying if who is and who isn't, it only makes sense to stop feeding the virus to new hosts - because that is what it needs to survive.
And as John Prine (may he recover soon and fully) stated

Unhappy, unhappy
You have no complaint
You are what you are and you ain't what you ain't
So listen up buster, and listen up good
Stop wishing for bad luck and knocking on wood

Going fishing in its self isnt nessarly a problem. The problem is if something goes wrong and you need emergency assistance the front line workers are called in to help. They could be exposed or may have already been exposed and the transmition cycle continues. So...... staying home SUCKS but better safe and alive to fish another day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks