Off Topic Retirement

Jumbojim

My first day of retirement today not quite what I was expecting, but with uncertain times I decided I didn’t want to go through another contract of negotiations especially after the economic tough times of 2009 we ended being locked out for 10 months. I decided it’s safer at home with my wife and both off us being a high risk for this virus.
I am looking forward getting the boat out of storage and doing some work on it but not until the end of April.
Play safe all
JJ

I am with you, first summer in retirement. Not sure after what I have heard today when I will be able to get out.

Congratulations Jumbojim you were a great friend at work for 30 plus years
now you are going to be a great fishing friend. Once this shit storm blows through
I'll be a knocking.
All the best.
Mark

Congratulations Jumbojim you were a great friend at work for 30 plus years
now you are going to be a great fishing friend. Once this shit storm blows through
I'll be a knocking.
All the best.
Mark
Thanks Mark it was a pleasure working with you also, look forward to fishing with you again be safe my friend. ?

Congrats ! I don't know why they call it "retirement" because it's more like switching jobs. Oh sure … you get to work from home so no commuting in the car anymore. Hours of work are a little more flexible but you will come to wonder how you got done stuff in the past while fulltime employed but can't keep up with the work list now you are retired ? Spare time ? Pfffffft ! Ha ! It's a myth ! All the same, I highly recommend it !

Congrats. You may find you'll have less spare time now than when you were working. From my experience my favourite slogan was "it can wait till tomorrow" and it has come back to bite me in the arse.

Enjoy yourself, this is my second year , shoulder surgery last spring no fishing allowed this spring.

Congratulations @Jumbojim & two “Thumbs Up!! ? on BFB46CF2-9403-47BC-8336-2631404A78FA.jpeg your early retirement!!? & You will “Love It!!” Does that mean that we will be getting together to go fishing on your boat a little sooner now?? Thanks again for the invite & Enjoy!! We will keep in touch as always!!????:cool:

I could retire in June but will work one more year. I have some work to do around the house before I sell it and move north.

Sorry to hear about your wife our condolences

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks