When the boat launches reopen

Trevor you have a great attitude. Best wishes
Thanks Gibby :) I try to stay positive. There are those days tho when it's a little more difficult to do that, but those days, I just go back to bed and start the day over a little later. :LOL: Best wishes to you as well. Stay safe.

Why cant you answer ? Cause you dont know? My wife is a teacher. The union hasnt made a firm stance.. they may lean towards even if the province orders them back they will deem it unsafe... all everybody is asking for is clarity and transparency. You know like our fellow countrymen and woman got !!! The fact that they cant recognize the issue way or the other is very concerning. Obviously you dont have young kids that may or may not be going back June 1...you havent had a need to arrange day care or even find care that may be open... may 4 thousands of Ontario workers go back.. hwere do there kids go ?? Other places shut it down a while ago and rightfully so. Quebec made a plan and sent kids back right or wrong aleast they know what the future holds..here we are told we must rely on invisible health officials who somehow got it terribly wrong or know something that our other provinces dont !!! This is concerning... teachers have been made aware they may access the school on may 29. Sure seems like they are pushing for them to go back. Goimg back for 3 weeks at the tail end after this ( when only some.kids will go) is complete waste and makes zero sense to anyone . This is where Ontario failed and the other provinces for ir right ...I could be wrong on this point but ..I think ontario is the last province to make an official education plan moving forward...the biggest province by population with the most kids and nobody knows come june 1...one of Ontarios top doctors today on CBC said he would NOT feel comfortable nor would he be sending his kids back come june 1. What more do we need ? What's going on behind the scenes here ? Almost everyone in this province from doctors to carpenters to the guy who paints the lines on the roads know sending kids back come June 1 with 3 weeks left is idiotic. Do you really need someone to tell you that? We have seem lots of blunders from all levels of government in the last 3 months..this is Fords...besides this he has been adequate. Better than justin. But why wait until last week in may to announce what we know ?

I can't answer it, cause no-one can, it's a unknown, no matter what field one is in, what part of that don't you get? Boat ramps or schools, we have to air on the side of caution?
You mention teach's going into the schools 5-29, you left out that is a tentative date, subject to change, yes, I agree it probably wont happen. But you'd be just as pissed if Ford said no school to 2022, pay cuts to reflect on line teaching time only? yes another question mark.

N8r borders closed cant get to michigan dont think that would be essential travel

• Sad
Reactions: N8r
I haven't seen one of those since I was a kid. I used to have one, don't remember ever catching anything with it tho :unsure::LOL:
Just thought i would switch up the conversation a bit. I love starting a fire i mean topic and sit back and watch her go .The lawyers on this site are cruuuuuuuusty right now. Come on winter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't answer it, cause no-one can, it's a unknown, no matter what field one is in, what part of that don't you get? Boat ramps or schools, we have to air on the side of caution?
You mention teach's going into the schools 5-29, you left out that is a tentative date, subject to change, yes, I agree it probably wont happen. But you'd be just as pissed if Ford said no school to 2022, pay cuts to reflect on line teaching time only? yes another question mark.
Incorrect. I think most people would rather have some keen decisions instead of doing the limbo. Ford faced some tough criticism yesterday from the there provincial government parties and rightfully so. You can't answer no..but they can and they have in all other provinces. You know the ones we neighbor with! The moral of this story is they missed the boat ( pun ) here bad ...its time to close the schools for the year make the announcement and lool forward to September. Sending kids back for 3 weeks into proceeding with caution it's just plain stupid!!!! That's the difference. This is where that opd common sense thing comes in...

Found this to be a bit of an interesting story that kind of goes with some of what's been argued in this thread. Doesn't go into much detail, but it does give an idea where each province stands as of yesterday. 5 Provinces "considering" reopening, 3 provinces and all 3 territories that are not ready to consider reopening yet, and 2 that have or will be opening next week.

Don’t you think we are overthinking the whole process.Be courteous ,kind,and a lot of common sense would go a long way! The #1 way to kill the virus is to WASH your hands throw a Bar of soap in the boat !
I keep a few bars of Irish Spring on the boat just in the boxes for an air freshener, might have to open a box. LOL.

I keep a few bars of Irish Spring on the boat just in the boxes for an air freshener, might have to open a box. LOL.
Keep those bars of Irish Spring soap for your Winter-Storage needs. I put 10-Bars cut in half in all my Lockers with the doors open. This keeps the critters out all Winter long! The Critters hate the smell. Try it- you will like it! Stay safe everyone-Walleyeman.

I emailed Toby Barrett's office about reopening the boat launches. They responded saying they've been in contact with many of the marina operators and are working on the issue.

a bit testy today are we??? :giggle: :ROFLMAO:

What do "testy's" have to do with it Gord? Didn't you read the post saying the festival has been "put on hold" this year? I dunno who's gonna be holding whom, and to be honest, I don't think I wanna know. :ROFLMAO:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks