Off Topic Possible frost tonight... Well at least in London area

Anyone else getting purple In their plants due to the cold night temps? One of mine that had some coloration is now completely dark purple on the top side of leaves and outside of the buds. An old trick some indoor growers use is to significantly drop grow room temps with an AC unit to bring out the deep purple for bag appeal.

Wet trimmed another and washed it yesterday and it still amazes me every time how dirty the plants can really be despite looking clean. Dust, a few bugs, and even a few spiders were in the bottom of the rinsing bucket afterwards.

Have any of you tried water curing some bud? You lose some colour and roughly 30% weight, but it’s worth the effort. Submerge in room temp water (I use mason jars) and change the water each day for a week then hang as usual with adequate airflow. Much smoother smoke with far less contaminants....
Never heard of curing it like that. I have a Green Crack that's really purple and so was Blueberry. IMG_20201008_100853.jpg

Anyone else getting purple In their plants due to the cold night temps? One of mine that had some coloration is now completely dark purple on the top side of leaves and outside of the buds. An old trick some indoor growers use is to significantly drop grow room temps with an AC unit to bring out the deep purple for bag appeal.

Wet trimmed another and washed it yesterday and it still amazes me every time how dirty the plants can really be despite looking clean. Dust, a few bugs, and even a few spiders were in the bottom of the rinsing bucket afterwards.

Have any of you tried water curing some bud? You lose some colour and roughly 30% weight, but it’s worth the effort. Submerge in room temp water (I use mason jars) and change the water each day for a week then hang as usual with adequate airflow. Much smoother smoke with far less contaminants....
Very interesting method of curing. Worth a shot with a small batch. Who ever said we can only learn about fishing from a fishing forum👍

Stomps 420 webpage has blossomed!!! @Extra Virgin is drafting up the new stickers as we speak.
Samples @G.Mech?

Zach Galifianakis Thumbs Up GIF

Last edited:
To each their own. personally I prefer the slow hang dry down to approx 15% moisture. Jar it all up in air tight containers
“Burp” (exchange the air rotate the buds) the containers every so often for at least a month (I think two months is perfect)
once satisfied with the cure, if you are treating a years supply and want to keep fresh all year vacuum seal in proportioned amounts depending how much you consume. Put in freezer. Take out couple weeks worth at a time for smoking/vaping/ cooking however you prefer to indulge. Will stay fresh all year!
if you don’t do this I find it just gets dryer and dryer and you lose some if not all of the wonderful aromas and flavours over time. And if you don’t get enough moisture out in the curing process it won’t taste as good or burn as nice and will mold over time.

To each their own. personally I prefer the slow hang dry down to approx 15% moisture. Jar it all up in air tight containers
“Burp” (exchange the air rotate the buds) the containers every so often for at least a month (I think two months is perfect)
once satisfied with the cure, if you are treating a years supply and want to keep fresh all year vacuum seal in proportioned amounts depending how much you consume. Put in freezer. Take out couple weeks worth at a time for smoking/vaping/ cooking however you prefer to indulge. Will stay fresh all year!
if you don’t do this I find it just gets dryer and dryer and you lose some if not all of the wonderful aromas and flavours over time. And if you don’t get enough moisture out in the curing process it won’t taste as good or burn as nice and will mold over time.
Burping technique works great. Put in jars and open for 1hr a day.

Never heard of curing it like that. I have a Green Crack that's really purple and so was Blueberry. View attachment 33913
Do you not trim your plants through out the year? Makes trimming at harvest easier and less stem in you bud. Also helps sunlight get to the buds on the inside of the plant.

Do you not trim your plants through out the year? Makes trimming at harvest easier and less stem in you bud. Also helps sunlight get to the buds on the inside of the plant.
Actually I strip the inside shoots throughout the summer that become next to useless for flower and let as much food go to fill out the tops. I leave all the leaves on for photosynthesis to feed the entire plant.

Just for perspective, the eavestrough in the pic is 10 1/2 feet off the ground. ;)

Actually I strip the inside shoots throughout the summer that become next to useless for flower and let as much food go to fill out the tops. I leave all the leaves on for photosynthesis to feed the entire plant.

Just for perspective, the eavestrough in the pic is 10 1/2 feet off the ground. ;)
Ya stripping the inside is a good idea. How tall were they then they went in the ground? You have some monsters there.

What are you using for fertilizer? Any specific brand?
I make my own fertilizer. My plant that I grew on my porch was about 8 feet tall
Before the wind stripped it. Lol I just let it keep going tho but now it’s like an 8 foot plant spread across my deck with all the snapped branches it never wilt. Think it will yield more this way a lot more little top buds. The 4 plants my buddy and I grow at bud farm are about 12 feet tall. Was a good growing season for them

Ya stripping the inside is a good idea. How tall were they then they went in the ground? You have some monsters there.
They were 3 foot when planted. Mother plants from a friend that had been cloned heavily.

What are you using for fertilizer? Any specific brand?
I make my own fertilizer. My plant that I grew on my porch was about 8 feet tall
Before the wind stripped it. Lol I just let it keep going tho but now it’s like an 8 foot plant spread across my deck with all the snapped branches it never wilt. Think it will yield more this way a lot more little top buds. The 4 plants my buddy and I grow at bud farm are about 12 feet tall. Was a good growing season for them
As mothers they were fed Advanced Nutrients 3 part fertilizer. Once outside they were planted in triple mix 3 feet thick and fed 15 30 15 Miracle Grow until flowers started then just water from the hose at high 7 ph.

Never heard of curing it like that. I have a Green Crack that's really purple and so was Blueberry. View attachment 33913

You still dry cure the bud as usual, but once that’s done you take it a step farther with the water curing to remove chlorophyll, dust, bugs and other crap you don’t want to smoke. THC isn’t water soluble so no worries about effecting potency, just be sure to use room temp water as cold water can cause the trichomes to become brittle and break off.

It really cleans up the bud and turns any of that harsh, scratchy throat type bud much smoother. The first couple days the water is brown and nasty looking and by the 5-6th day it’ll be almost clear.

It’s one of those “why haven’t I been doing this all along?” type things. People selling weed will not go through this process as it turns the bud greenish brown and you lose over 1/4 of the weight, two things sellers do not want.

As mothers they were fed Advanced Nutrients 3 part fertilizer. Once outside they were planted in triple mix 3 feet thick and fed 15 30 15 Miracle Grow until flowers started then just water from the hose at high 7 ph.

Next year grow your 3 plants with your current technique and for the 4th try going organic for comparison. Chicken compost, worm casting tea and molasses (1 tbsp per gallon) have been providing excellent results and cleaner smoke.

Setup a compost bin with red wigglers and you’ll have free fertilizer and great little worms for trout....

Next year grow your 3 plants with your current technique and for the 4th try going organic for comparison. Chicken compost, worm casting tea and molasses (1 tbsp per gallon) have been providing excellent results and cleaner smoke.

Setup a compost bin with red wigglers and you’ll have free fertilizer and great little worms for trout....
I won't need to grow next year, or so the wife thinks. 🤔😉😜

Organics will be healthier for your soil in the long run if planning on using same garden every year too. Although conventional fertilizer will give you big fast results. over time the health of the soil deteriorates

@can't miss
I’ve only grown seeds from a hermaphrodite plant once and they grew into females outdoor.
not sure if they have a tendency to go hermaphrodite more easily when grown under stressful conditions tho, I’d be careful, and have a back up plan incase they go herm on yah.
maybe someone else has more experience germinating seeds from a hermaphrodite plant.
there is a way to make feminized seeds by making a female plant go hermaphrodite by treating it with Silver Nitrate and Silver Thiosulfate. Take that hermaphrodite plant and pollinate a female plant that is not herm, resulting seeds with be all female

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks