Off Topic Possible frost tonight... Well at least in London area

Potassium bicarbonate? Talk to me! Frost definitely helps turpine levels too.
Powdery mildew will grow on the leaf when the leaves are wet, this happens in the fall and can happen summer when nights are cool water condensates on the leaf surface
Or in very humid conditions there will be a film
of moisture on the leaf surface which can allow for
The mildew spore to start growing.
When you spray a potassium bicarbonate mixture on the leaves it makes the pH incredibly high (alkaline) which the mildew has a very hard time growing in. As it prefers a low pH (acidic)
It doesn’t necessarily kill the mildew just gives it a hard time to grow. So multiple applications will be required, you may also want to rinse your buds off really well before harvesting.

Powdery mildew will grow on the leaf when the leaves are wet, this happens in the fall and can happen summer when nights are cool water condensates on the leaf surface
Or in very humid conditions there will be a film
of moisture on the leaf surface which can allow for
The mildew spore to start growing.
When you spray a potassium bicarbonate mixture on the leaves it makes the pH incredibly high (alkaline) which the mildew has a very hard time growing in. As it prefers a low pH (acidic)
It doesn’t necessarily kill the mildew just gives it a hard time to grow. So multiple applications will be required, you may also want to rinse your buds off really well before harvesting.
Lowers are too far gone now to spray. They went in the garbage. Not risking the rest of the harvest. Just never heard of Potassium bicarbonate. (not a rookie ;) )

I've been having pretty good results with stuff called cyclone for my powder mildew, purchased from the simcoe hydro shop. Spray every 4 days and they say its safe for the buds because the base of the mixture is citric acid (if anyone has any opinions on this im all ears as its my first year using it) and don't rinse your buds that will open up another can of worms.

I've been having pretty good results with stuff called cyclone for my powder mildew, purchased from the simcoe hydro shop. Spray every 4 days and they say its safe for the buds because the base of the mixture is citric acid (if anyone has any opinions on this im all ears as its my first year using it) and don't rinse your buds that will open up another can of worms.
Not going to hurt them to rinse them off if you spray them with something. if you rinse once day before harvest! Might get lucky and it will rain after you spray them before harvest!
no difference there if your speaking in can of worms
I prefer to grow powdery mildew resistant varieties and not spray my bud with anything!

I’ve used cyclone before it leaves a residue but it will keep the powdery mildew at bay
Anything that will actually work to rid your plants of mildew isn’t registered for cannabis and isn’t safe to smoke the bud after applying the fungicide to the crop

Best is to find varieties that are resistant varieties, they are few and far between and unless you know someone who already knows which strains are more or less sensitive takes time growing to figure it out
I grew one called “Cactus” for a while it was mildew resistant.

I've been ordering from barneys farm in Amsterdam...each strain is broken down pretty well so try and narrow selection that way but mother nature is cruel sometimes.

I've been ordering from barneys farm in Amsterdam...each strain is broken down pretty well so try and narrow selection that way but mother nature is cruel sometimes.
Well I grow 30,000,000 plants a year, year round. I know what I’m talking about,
and I know a hell of a lot more about sourcing genetics, and pheno hunting then the average joe.
and you probably shouldn’t admit to bringing seeds across international borders online.
try Jordan of the islands
They are in BC have good genetics. At least shipping within Canada and buying from a Canadian company that’s been around for nearly 30 years.
anyways good luck

30 000 000 plants would be a lot of devils lettuce. Let me know when your next party is lol

Yes the banks have spelled it out quite clear in there descriptions. Lots of fantastic products to choose. Attitude has some great deals at times. Don’t have 30 million under my belt, but surely have had a few over the last 35 years.

30 000 000 plants would be a lot of devils lettuce. Let me know when your next party is lol
Lol not 30,000,000 electric lettuce lol
But that would be quite the harvest party 🎉

Yes the banks have spelled it out quite clear in there descriptions. Lots of fantastic products to choose. Attitude has some great deals at times. Don’t have 30 million under my belt, but surely have had a few over the last 35 years.
Not 30,000,000 electric lettuce but that doesn’t matter not the point I was trying to make
What do you do for a living?

There is no F1 hybrids for cannabis yet so whatever any breeder says about a specific strain is going to be characteristics and traits that you should look for after germinating their seeds in some cases you may have to go threw 200 of their seeds to actually find what they are describing.
thats what you get with genetic variation

Lol. Clipping 4 is enough of a pain in the ass that I rednecked my own wet trimmer this year. I'd rather be fishing than snipping.IMG_20200921_190524.jpg

I’ve used cyclone before it leaves a residue but it will keep the powdery mildew at bay
Anything that will actually work to rid your plants of mildew isn’t registered for cannabis and isn’t safe to smoke the bud after applying the fungicide to the crop

Potassium bicarbonate is naturally occurring in plants, is regularly used in wine and by many bakers, and is used in many Asian dishes, including the Ramen noodles we’ve all likely eaten. It’s also USDA approved and is taken as a supplement by those with low potassium.

You’re far more likely to be harmed by the smoke/vapour inhalation of the weed than a minuscule amount of residue. Even so, the buds aren’t saturated with the solution so there’s very minimal making it into the bud.

A simple wash in a peroxide solution before drying the bud might be a good idea to remove any trace amounts of mildew though.

Potassium bicarbonate is naturally occurring in plants, is regularly used in wine and by many bakers, and is used in many Asian dishes, including the Ramen noodles we’ve all likely eaten. It’s also USDA approved and is taken as a supplement by those with low potassium.

You’re far more likely to be harmed by the smoke/vapour inhalation of the weed than a minuscule amount of residue. Even so, the buds aren’t saturated with the solution so there’s very minimal making it into the bud.

A simple wash in a peroxide solution before drying the bud might be a good idea to remove any trace amounts of mildew though.
I would still rather not smoke it
Not worried about being harmed by potassium bicarbonate
More so don’t want the taste in my smoke.

Lol. Clipping 4 is enough of a pain in the ass that I rednecked my own wet trimmer this year. I'd rather be fishing than snipping.View attachment 26884
waitwaitwait...

wtf am I looking at here? I see fans. I take it they are connected somehow to the rulers that are in between the two grates? So the rulers spin and chop, and the fan eats the trim, and blows it downward? Into the box? And what does the other fan on the side of the box do?

If you have any other redneck inventions, I think you owe it to the world to post them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks