Off Topic Possible frost tonight... Well at least in London area

I have one short fat plant in a pot that the buds are no where near ready probably two weeks away. Its so thick inside that I keep getting powdery mildew and just clip the affected leaves as I don't want to spray again at this point.

Question is if I trim away all the inner growth today will it affect bud development with not much time left?

Attachments

• IMG_20201011_105834123.jpg
    IMG_20201011_105834123.jpg
    467 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20201011_105851664.jpg
    IMG_20201011_105851664.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 56
Out of four plants in pots is an obvious different strain and I couldn't tell you what but it's buds are the furthest along

Attachments

• IMG_20201010_165249777.jpg
    IMG_20201010_165249777.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 36
Powdery mildew seems to be very prevalent this year. I started to dunk my limbs in water baking soda mix after rough machine trim which seems to help quite a bit. My last spraying with mouthwash and water didn't seem to do much for the problem.

I have one short fat plant in a pot that the buds are no where near ready probably two weeks away. Its so thick inside that I keep getting powdery mildew and just clip the affected leaves as I don't want to spray again at this point.

Question is if I trim away all the inner growth today will it affect bud development with not much time left?.

Cut away no harm if anything gives the buds more Nutrients. I cut most of the inside of my plants. The plants needs some air flow inside. Also helps preventing bugs and that white mildew everyone is getting. I’ve had no white mildew this year

Question is if I trim away all the inner growth today will it affect bud development with not much time left?
Cut 90% of those fan leaves off also.

Powdery mildew seems to be very prevalent this year. I started to dunk my limbs in water baking soda mix after rough machine trim which seems to help quite a bit. My last spraying with mouthwash and water didn't seem to do much for the problem.

Dealt with my one with the powdery mildew this weekend and 99% was eliminated.

Bucket 1 - 1 c baking soda
Bucket 2 - 1 c peroxide, 1 c lemon juice
Bucket 3 - clean water

1 minute swish in each bucket and onto the hanging line with a fan blowing for a few hours in a 50-55 humidity room. After a day or so it’ll be back to looking like bud that was harvested without a wash. Little to no impact on trichomes.

Keep in mind this only works for mildew. Bud rot (mold) effected buds go into the garbage.

Bucket 3 - clean water

1 minute swish in each bucket and onto the hanging line with a fan blowing for a few hours in a 50-55 humidity room. After a day or so it’ll be back to looking like bud that was harvested without a wash. Little to no impact on trichomes.

Keep in mind this only works for mildew. Bud rot (mold) effected buds go into the garbage.
And I'm guessing 4 gallons of water for each pail.

Bucket 3 - clean water

The c is for cup i take it? Need to try this for one of mine as well. Clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, cups. Fill the buckets to within an inch or 2 of the rim. Grab a few branches and hold them like a flower bouquet and swish them around for a minute in each bucket until no more air bubbles are coming up.

Be sure to shake off excess water and have a fan going for a few hours.

It does take away most of the aroma, but it’s better than tossing so much bud.

This process kills and prevents farther growth, but it’s best to toss any heavily effected buds. Do NOT bother trying to save moldy bud, this is for powdery mildew only.

I was out checking my last one last night and discovered the biggest source of my problem is that it was planted right in front of the dryer exhaust. DOH! Won't do that again. I should be all done by Sunday night for this year and by the yield I won't need to grow next year at all.

I was out checking my last one last night and discovered the biggest source of my problem is that it was planted right in front of the dryer exhaust. DOH! Won't do that again. I should be all done by Sunday night for this year and by the yield I won't need to grow next year at all.
May as well grow a new crop next year.
make edibles with what’s left or something..
Destroy it, or gift it to someone
Keep new fresh crop for yourself to smoke/vape what have you.
At least that’s what I would do.

May as well grow a new crop next year.
make edibles with what’s left or something..
Destroy it, or gift it to someone
Keep new fresh crop for yourself to smoke/vape what have you.
At least that’s what I would do.
Then I'm going to need a bigger freezer and trimmer lol.

Wow... that could have been one helluva dryer fire @Stick . You would have had to serve Doritos to the firemen afterwards.

Beauty bud. Started trimming last night myself.
I don't trim anymore after I used that rotary tool with the blades on it. I then lay the buds on a patio screen door I picked up for nothing and bam!...done! Works great!!! B.T.W., Ontario grown bud kicks the sh#t out of grossly over prices B.C. bud!...just say'n.

Storage tip...picked up a vacuum sealer for foods a while ago and decided to use it to store the bud and get away from mason jars. It worked great! Freezer didn't harm them and when opened, just as fresh as the day you stored it. Something to think about.

Storage tip...picked up a vacuum sealer for foods a while ago and decided to use it to store the bud and get away from mason jars. It worked great! Freezer didn't harm them and when opened, just as fresh as the day you stored it. Something to think about.
Me too. Best investment. What rotary tool are you talking about?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks