Friday Glasgow

Ticker

Looking at the weather and wind sites Friday looks to be a nice day to get out
What are you fellows thoughs ?
This will be my last chance to get out this year as the work load starting Monday won't allow me
Which was most of this year for me , only got out once 🙄

I.m heading out of burwell looks like should be ok 🤞 good luck to all heading out

I'm planning on heading out of Burwell in the afternoon.

Just a heads up for Friday, I was at Glasgow this morning to check my boat. It was ok but one east of mine was sunk. Charter boat didn’t go out because of all the logs and debris in the mouth. Also lots of big prop bustin logs out a long ways. There will be a lot of trash in the water drifting for a few days.

@Derkd9... This is why I don't trust Windy much. It says out by the buoy it's 5 kph with 0.4 m waves but in reality the buoy says it's 20-25 kph wind with 8.6 ft. waves. WHAT????

View attachment 78702
Hasn’t steered me wrong. To each their own,
It’s the main site that I personally look at.
I never even pay attention to any of the predicted wave heights on any of the sites…
And I would say someone asking for trouble if they go out on the lake when we had strong wind all day yesterday and stronger then 15knot winds at 7-8am
Only 2.5 hours ago
Yes it’s not accurate right now.. but it’s a bit of a sketchy time to predict the weather when we just had a significant weather event.

Hey @Wave Runner what's your opinion for tomorrow?
All site I look at are different predictions including the government site
Hate make the 2 hours drive and turn back 😒 🙄 😤

Pt Stanley buoy was 4.3' at 10am..so around 8.5' total? Thats gonna be a mess tomorrow even if it does lay down today and tonight. Mud lines all the way to Ohio.

Hey @Wave Runner what's your opinion for tomorrow?
All site I look at are different predictions including the government site
Hate make the 2 hours drive and turn back 😒 🙄 😤
I am wanting to get out myself in the morning Frank but will wait until later this afternoon for a further update before deciding. In my opinion it will be fishable but may still be a bit bumpy out deep with the morning NW winds predicted. It comes down to your tolerance level., mine at going on 75 is probably much less than yours. :giggle:

I am wanting to get out myself in the morning Frank but will wait until later this afternoon for a further update before deciding. In my opinion it will be fishable but may still be a bit bumpy out deep with the morning NW winds predicted. It comes down to your tolerance level., mine at going on 75 is probably much less than yours. :giggle:
I'm not worried about mine , but the guy I'm taking may be chuming the waters of Erie

Hasn’t steered me wrong. To each their own,
It’s the main site that I personally look at.
I never even pay attention to any of the predicted wave heights on any of the sites…
And I would say someone asking for trouble if they go out on the lake when we had strong wind all day yesterday and stronger then 15knot winds at 7-8am
Only 2.5 hours ago
Yes it’s not accurate right now.. but it’s a bit of a sketchy time to predict the weather when we just had a significant weather event.
Yep to each his own but we are talking right now time and it's way off the charts for accuracy. It's my least trusted site at least for me.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks