Off Topic Fish'n Canada has started a petition to ban fishing in Ontario.

Lots of fun to catch Creek Chub to catch in the local rural creeks. Tell me you didn't start out fishing on chub with a morcel of worm on a hook.

carry on with stupidity trackers are soon coming and bigger fines if fines not paid added to taxes fish away your house you will probably lose your boat have a nice trip
Actually probably the next step is going to start opening things back up just like other places..your just not realistic and in panic mode. Seems to most they are trying to focus on the long term care houses and trying to contain it there . They are trying to discuss how to open things up and get rolling again not issue tracking brackets !! Again for the 10th time , your government you know the one you elected said fishing is fine ...what are you not getting ????

Lots of fun to catch Creek Chub to catch in the local rural creeks. Tell me you didn't start out fishing on chub with a morcel of worm on a hook.

OK. I'll tell you I didn't start out on chub. In fact I've never caught a chub. First fish I ever caught was a sucker when I was 4, then catfish, a lot of catfish. But yeah all using a worm on a hook. :LOL:

View attachment 22394View attachment 22394
Actually probably the next step is going to start opening things back up just like other places..your just not realistic and in panic mode. Seems to most they are trying to focus on the long term care houses and trying to contain it there . They are trying to discuss how to open things up and get rolling again not issue tracking brackets !! Again for the 10th time , your government you know the one you elected said fishing is fine ...what are you not getting ????
It is a good start, but in my "Opinion" this is no different then Doug Ford proclaiming that the Easter Bunny was good to go. The municipalities still hold the key to outdoor activities.....& fishing etc.
Same o' same here...just need to get the COVID numbers to start falling in Ontario.

Or...this just in! Finally......it was only a matter of time!

images.jpg

Rastam4n ; Apology noted. This is not my first rodeo on here (nor my last ? LoL ! ) I don't mind being called out but at least base it on facts. Not assumptions or innuendo. That being said ….. on with the show !

So the question is ; To fish or not to fish ? The powers that be didn't say you couldn't but it is their job to ensure public safety so hence public areas are off limits and other safety protocols are imposed on us. We are all suffering during this crisis but what we are doing seems to be making a difference.

It's almost noon Sunday April 19th. Gotta go warm up for the anthem !

Nope. No way in hell my father would do that. We snuck out to the northern edge of Deer Creek after mom left for work when I was 5. He would not hear of his, underline his, son even using a close faced reel to fish for trout. He got a new rod and reel and I started with his hand me down though I could barely hold it. By the next weekend I had a new rod I could handle and he was deep in the doghouse for taking me fishing after she told him NO! And the rest as they say, is history.

Winternet has hit its stride. As I make my living running a fishing charter. I would absolutely love to get out there doing my thing but im thinking its going to be midsummer before that happens. Trevor and any other clients I had on here we,ll get out with restrictions if I,m still not broke. Actually a mask and gloves might help you there Trevor lol.:D:mad:
The parking issues can be the same tho, so the risks are still somewhat the same whether I'm launching a boat or sitting on a pier. (yes I've launched a boat before so I do know) The chances are you're going to be around other people unless you get there late or so early nobody else is around.

But if you're like many others, you want to get there as early as possible (usually first light or before) and that's when the ramps are generally the busiest until people start coming back in right? So if they open the ramps, should they be opening the piers as well?

You know as well as I do Tom, that no mask is going to help me. Ugly is still ugly.....(some people have been telling me for years that Halloween is over and I can remove the mask) and the gloves would only help if whoever is on the reel knows enough to back up when we're trying to net the fish. No sense putting gloves on to protect from hooks or just for a better grip, if the fish don't make it into the net. :LOL:

Although we've still done well every time I've gone out with you so we're doing something right and here's few pictures taken over the past couple years to prove it .:)

Attachments

• Aug 12 Wes Ken Paul and I 4 man limit and one for the captain on a very bumpy lake.jpg
    Aug 12 Wes Ken Paul and I 4 man limit and one for the captain on a very bumpy lake.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 21
  • July 4 2018 Great afternoon out with Tailfeathers 3 person walleye limit and a rainbow (3).jpg
    July 4 2018 Great afternoon out with Tailfeathers 3 person walleye limit and a rainbow (3).jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 20
  • July 2019 another great day out with Tailfeathers.jpg
    July 2019 another great day out with Tailfeathers.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 22
  • June 15 2018 on the lake with Tailfeathers.jpg
    June 15 2018 on the lake with Tailfeathers.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
  • June 15 2018 out in the boat with Tailfeathers.jpg
    June 15 2018 out in the boat with Tailfeathers.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 20
  • Out with Tailfeathers July 4 2018 walleye.jpg
    Out with Tailfeathers July 4 2018 walleye.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 18
  • PB Rainbow caught July 4 while out with Tailfeathers 5lb.jpg
    PB Rainbow caught July 4 while out with Tailfeathers 5lb.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
  • Personal best walleye 5.26 lbs caught out with Tailfeathers Aug 12 2019(3) .jpg
    Personal best walleye 5.26 lbs caught out with Tailfeathers Aug 12 2019(3) .jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks