πŸ‘€ πŸ’°

Okay so it was the commercial guys that were catching them not sport fisherman. Much easier to catch with a net that's for sure. The only thing I can attract on emerald shiners out here is junk fish. If there's perch there I can't catch them the way that has worked ever since I was a kid. When it was good 4 of us could have 50 perch in the boat in 10 minutes. We have caught the grand total of 11 perch since 2017 and only one that was a keeper is that one Darren threw to you on the pier that day. πŸ˜”

2017 last good year we had.
View attachment 64659
Where can you get minnows at Port Glasgow?

Well the spots are different area every year
I start looking in 55 fow to 65 fow
Last fall was good front of point Abino this spring we did good there but was better front of wind mill point almost at the US border
Previous years was good west of point Abino
Never know where you find them
Some people look for other boats / groups and join in , myself I like to rely on my depth finder
Use the zoom in feature on it and go slow
Sometimes it's takes a few hours to find them but once you do game on
Ps : just because lots of boats parked together on a spot don't mean they catching 😏
Lol I know what you mean about the pack of boats thing hahaha 🀣 so funny seeing groups of boats pack up like that to catch nothing

Where can you get minnows at Port Glasgow?
Not sure Darren always caught them himself at Bruce then bring them in minnow bucket or if he couldn't get them he brought salted ones. Didn't matter we couldn't catch spit on them at any of the Central Basin ports anymore.

Not sure Darren always caught them himself at Bruce then bring them in minnow bucket or if he couldn't get them he brought salted ones. Didn't matter we couldn't catch spit on them at any of the Central Basin ports anymore.
Ok tx @Wave Runner
I was thinking about giving it a try after walleye fishing one day , but if you couldn't catch " spit " on that's discouraging πŸ€”πŸ˜”
I mark so many schools of fish out there on bottom and I know it's not bait fish

Okay so it was the commercial guys that were catching them not sport fisherman. Much easier to catch with a net that's for sure. The only thing I can attract on emerald shiners out here is junk fish. If there's perch there I can't catch them the way that has worked ever since I was a kid. When it was good 4 of us could have 50 perch in the boat in 10 minutes. We have caught the grand total of 11 perch since 2017 and only one that was a keeper is that one Darren threw to you on the pier that day. πŸ˜”

2017 last good year we had.
View attachment 64659
Sorry should have been a little more specific. Yeah it wasn't a sport fishermen it was a commercial guy working there who told me that.

Maybe next year leave the boat at home in the spring and come join me on the pier. I've done ok off the pier every year but I've seen and heard the reports from those with boats who haven't been able to seem to find them over the past few years.

This is our seafood section in the freezer today after I picked up that $64 worth of walleye yesterday. Also the reason if I don't get out again this year before the end of Sept, I'm not going to be overly upset about it. (My wife is liking that idea, me NOT going fishing again this year:ROFLMAO:)

I won't be giving any of the walleye away to my dad this time since I bought it at a retail shop ;) If he wants fish he'll have to settle for some of the perch, or catfish I have. No bows left, gave'em all away to my son and a couple of the neighbors.

Attachments

• Seafood section of our freezer Aug 28 after purchasing $64 of walleye at Golems.jpg
    Seafood section of our freezer Aug 28 after purchasing $64 of walleye at Golems.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 14
Likely perch maybe they don’t want minnows
try cutting the minnows in half or thirds. I caught a lot off the pier this year by doing that instead of using a full one because the minnows I was catching were REALLY big this year but then again when I had those REALLY good days, long as they were, didn't matter if it was a full minnow or one I'd cut, they were hitting everything I offered'em.

Foodland in Waterford...
😱 @jammer 😱 the price of perch at the Foodland in Waterford is quite expensive,compared to the price of the perch at the Foodland in Port Stanley,when I put a post on recently about the price of perch back then,on August 14,2022!! These perch are becoming harder & harder to catch by the commercial fishermen I am guessing,because of the increase of the price of the perch,plus the higher cost for the gasoline,to run those commercial fishing boat’s,doesn’t help much either!! πŸ˜’

Attachments

• 95465B5F-7AB5-4539-AD63-03B1F383D0B2.jpeg
    95465B5F-7AB5-4539-AD63-03B1F383D0B2.jpeg
    371.5 KB · Views: 22
😱 @jammer 😱 the price of perch at the Foodland in Waterford is quite expensive,compared to the price of the perch at the Foodland in Port Stanley,when I put a post on recently about the price of perch back then,on August 14,2022!! These perch are becoming harder & harder to catch by the commercial fishermen I am guessing,because of the increase of the price of the perch,plus the higher cost for the gasoline,to run those commercial fishing boat’s,doesn’t help much either!! πŸ˜’
Yours is actually $5kg more... πŸ˜‰

Yours is actually $5kg more... πŸ˜‰
lol πŸ˜‚ @jammer πŸ‘ŠπŸ‘Š my math has always been bad!! πŸ˜’ lol πŸ˜† and I am glad that I didn’t buy any perch,(or likely never will -always caught my own perch),on that day on August 14/22,from the Foodland in Port Stanley. But instead,I bought some munchies πŸ˜‹ for the drive back home to London. 😁 lol πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ™‚

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks