👀 💰

not Paris either @hvyhaul . Just a random shot from the web. I just did a Paris, Perth, Ottawa, Paris turn to bring the oldest back from uni for a week. Would have loved it if the price was that low

Last edited:
There's gotta be at least a grand in Erie Gold in that cooler.
I weighed what perch I had in my freezer near the end of June then figured out what it would cost me if I were to buy it at the grocery store as opposed to catching it myself. Worked out to $435 and I wasn't close to having a possession limit at the time. Not sure what it would work out to now.

Something that might interest you Bob. I picked up $64 worth of Walleye today at Golems. (gave me 10 fillets so 5 fish) while I was there the guy at Golem's told me that they were catching all kinds of perch near Glascow in 18-25 FOW

I weighed what perch I had in my freezer near the end of June then figured out what it would cost me if I were to buy it at the grocery store as opposed to catching it myself. Worked out to $435 and I wasn't close to having a possession limit at the time. Not sure what it would work out to now.

Something that might interest you Bob. I picked up $64 worth of Walleye today at Golems. (gave me 10 fillets so 5 fish) while I was there the guy at Golem's told me that they were catching all kinds of perch near Glascow in 18-25 FOW
No offense but I find that hard to believe Trevor. I make it a point to always ask people fishing off the Glasgow pier or the very odd boat I see anchored fishing for them if they are catching perch. Not one in the last 5 years has said they are catching. I've tried there as I have in Bruce and Stanley on numerous occasions with nada or only 1 or 2 tiny throwback perch at best. I have given up wasting my time fishing for perch in the Central Basin especially with the amount of walleye swimming around. LOL!

No offense but I find that hard to believe Trevor. I make it a point to always ask people fishing off the Glasgow pier or the very odd boat I see anchored fishing for them if they are catching perch. Not one in the last 5 years has said they are catching. I've tried there as I have in Bruce and Stanley on numerous occasions with nada or only 1 or 2 tiny throwback perch at best. I have given up wasting my time fishing for perch in the Central Basin especially with the amount of walleye swimming around. LOL!
No offense taken. Just sharing what the commercial guy was telling me about where they've been getting perch in their nets recently. I did ok off the pier in Bruce again this year, but like the past few years, it was some long days sitting there to have that success. Sure do wish the walleye were as thick off the pier as they are out deeper. Would increase my chances of catching one off the pier. This year is yet another where I've seen or heard of a few being caught off the pier, but I wasn't one of the 'lucky' ones to do so and they weren't caught as readily as they were in previous years. Only heard of or saw 3 caught this year which is way down from last year and the year before. Maybe next year it'll be my turn to catch one off the pier, but I say that every year ;):ROFLMAO:

Okay so it was the commercial guys that were catching them not sport fisherman. Much easier to catch with a net that's for sure. The only thing I can attract on emerald shiners out here is junk fish. If there's perch there I can't catch them the way that has worked ever since I was a kid. When it was good 4 of us could have 50 perch in the boat in 10 minutes. We have caught the grand total of 11 perch since 2017 and only one that was a keeper is that one Darren threw to you on the pier that day. 😔

2017 last good year we had.
IMG_1249.JPG

Last edited:
I did ok in long point bay in 2020 fall season
Never targeted them in Central basin as the east is closer for me
I'm looking forward to it coming October
Me too!
I’ll be going for a feed of them out of long point bay this fall, maybe east end I have a friend that way who targets them in the east end from time to time
Maybe I’ll give him a call and see if he wants to show me a couple spots lol

Me too!
I’ll be going for a feed of them out of long point bay this fall, maybe east end I have a friend that way who targets them in the east end from time to time
Maybe I’ll give him a call and see if he wants to show me a couple spots lol
Well the spots are different area every year
I start looking in 55 fow to 65 fow
Last fall was good front of point Abino this spring we did good there but was better front of wind mill point almost at the US border
Previous years was good west of point Abino
Never know where you find them
Some people look for other boats / groups and join in , myself I like to rely on my depth finder
Use the zoom in feature on it and go slow
Sometimes it's takes a few hours to find them but once you do game on
Ps : just because lots of boats parked together on a spot don't mean they catching 😏

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks