Search results

1. rickr

Oct 18 Turkey Point

This evening we did a little lure washing out of turkey point. Started about 4 pm shad coloured super shad rap got dirty
  2. rickr

Off Topic Vacuum sealer

I’ve been reading about vacuum sealers here and other sites etc. Sounds like most ppl love them. question I have. How much can you actually freeze in each bag. All the adds show 3-4 fillets nicely laid out side by side which I’m assuming is just for advertising appeal . Doesn’t seem too...
  3. rickr

Bluffs today - June 2

Took advantage of what might be the last nice day for a few. Trolling for pike. first fish in the boat Followed by two smaller
  4. rickr

Ulterra I pilot spot lock

My ulterra has developed an interesting issue since I did the latest software update While on spotlock If I use the jog forward or reverse feature it works fine. But when I try left or right. It turns spot lock off. Has anyone else had this happen yet ? I’m going to send email to...
  5. rickr

Lighthouse cove 18th

Gave the Muskie fishing one more try yesterday. There was three other boats out with us fished channel and out through bouys. Only saw the one boat catch about 4. We landed 3 and lost one. 48”,42” and last was about 40-42 Perch coloured lures worked for us
  6. rickr

Lighthouse cove today

Made the three hour run from simcoe today just a heads up The public ramp is closed due to construction but Cove Marina has their ramp open. $30 Fished the river and out to the last channel marker. just trolling. Tried different colours and such fishing these critters is new to us so there...
  7. rickr

Burwell aug 7

Lines in about 630 tonight. 52— 58 fow worked showings just like last night greasy chicken was only producer. unfortunately only 5 to show for our effort Still better than workin
  8. rickr

Leader length

Including snubber. Does anyone have a preferred leader length from dipsy to lure
  9. rickr

Burwell Aug 6

Ran out of Burwell this evening Lines in at about 5pm Finished up at 9pm Got our dozen Along with 2 goats and an 11 inch perch All caught using dipsys Greasy chicken did most of the work 52-56 fow Just kept going back an forth No absolute depth. But the showings were deep so we tried to keep...
  10. rickr

Burwell Tuesday evening

We ran south out of Burwell last evening. Out to about 65 fow. 4 Lines in by 6 pm. saw some bait fish and a few marks. Headed south to about 67 fow. Boats ahead all circled back towards me so I took that as a hint that there was no need to go further. Headed NW for a bit then NE started to...
  11. rickr

Nanticoke july12

Took a shot at it today. Worked outside the shoal in 40+ fow . Barely had lines in and got fist walleye. Followed by second one about 15 minutes later. Circled back and lost 3rd fish at side of boat. Nothing followed. Jumped outside to about 70 fow. Where other guys were. And didn't see...
  12. rickr

Nanticoke July 10

Teamed up with a buddy (2 boats)and we ran out of Nanticoke. I started in about 55fow and went SE. He worked more westerly maybe a little deeper. Lots of Baitfish showing but very little of walleye compared to last year. He lost one at side of boat. But kept trying for another couple...
  13. rickr

Sanctuary

Does anyone know if the bouys are set on the west side of the sanctuary this year
  14. rickr

Off Topic Walleye food

Has anyone else noticed the young perch in the bellies of the Nanticoke walleye ?
  15. rickr

Fishing Report Nanticoke Aug 29

The weather forecast was for the wind to drop off for a few hours this morning so I took a buddy from work to introduce him to dipsy divers Ran out to 58fow and started in a southeasterly direction out to about 78 fow It got bumpy. It would appear that Mother Nature doesn’t use the same...
  16. rickr

Fishing Report Did anyone get out this morning

Was anyone fortunate enough the catch that window of nice weather this morning
  17. rickr

Fishing Report Nanticoke

Tried Nanticoke last night Lines in about 4:30. Had our 12 by 630. Monkey puke and greasy chicken. 55-60 ft. Just kept circling back through the showing. We still had daylight to burn so threw Muskie lures on dipsys and headed straight in to Nanticoke. Got up into about 40 fow and Hooked...
  18. rickr

Fishing Report This morning burwell

Limit by 8:30
  19. rickr

Out today

Left Burwell at noon today . Ran out to 50fow. Washed 4 greasy chicken out to 58 and back in. Limit by 2pm. (12 fish) About a 1 1/2 ‘ swell. Nice ride in our 196 Princecraft
  20. rickr

Burwell this evening

Finally rounded up some gear and tried this dipsy diver stuff for the first time Followed some advise from a work buddy and headed out with the Missus Went out to where we saw other boats and fumbled around with the gear until we were doing some form of fishing We had our lines in the water by...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks