Ulterra I pilot spot lock

rickr

My ulterra has developed an interesting issue since I did the latest software update While on spotlock If I use the jog forward or reverse feature it works fine. But when I try left or right. It turns spot lock off. Has anyone else had this happen yet ?
I’m going to send email to Minnkota but I thought I’d see if anyone else has had this issue

Check your power supply. I've told this story before but bought a used boat a feww years back with a bow mount minnkota with I-pilot. The auto pilot would work for a couple of minutes and then give a little chirp an quit. The battery was brand new and it was driving me nuts. When i looked into the wiring on the trolling motor I found poor crimps, undersized wiring and a plug at the bow that was undersized as well. Started at the batter with a new inline breaker, new 4 ga wire, a heavy duty plug at the bow and all connections were soldered and heat shrunk. Never an issue with it since. Voltage drop from poor wiring / bad grounds plays havoc with electronics.

Thanks. I will double check everything to be sure

i did run it all day without any issues . Cruise and auto pilot

But only when I selected jog left or right did it kick out of spot lock.
the motor didn’t shut down

@M_P That makes sense. Mine starts getting screwy as the batteries get low.

My ulterra has developed an interesting issue since I did the latest software update While on spotlock If I use the jog forward or reverse feature it works fine. But when I try left or right. It turns spot lock off. Has anyone else had this happen yet ?
I’m going to send email to Minnkota but I thought I’d see if anyone else has had this issue
Software updates? Didn’t know we had to connect them to the internet every now and again to do an update?? 🤔

Last edited:
@rickr id love to see some pics of how you have that ulterior mounted on the boat as your profile pic

Software updates? Didn’t know we had to connect them to the internet every now and again to do an update?? 🤔

Not sure either but my Helix 9 mdi had a software bug out of the box. I found that the issue I was having was patched in an update. Applied the latest update and my problem went away. I was pretty happy.

Yea me too actually. I can't see there being an Ulterra long enough to fit on a boat that high.

I'm installing a 72" shaft on my Campion explorer. I have removed the Bow Rail and the Pullpit, I had a stainless steel plate made to mount where the pullpit was and the motor mounts to the plate. Once installed I will decide if I want the bow rail reinstalled/modified.

1616855920505.png

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks