Search results

1. B

BASS LENGTH TO WEIGHT CONVERSION CHARTS ( IN-FISHERMAN)

Hey spillard1 please show us. A 21 " large or smallie you got this season.!!! You up for a little friendly bass challenge?? I'll put up. Prize from this derby ( $500 value) to your $450 cash!! One day on erie 5 fish limit length or weight don't matter to me. Winner takes all! You up for it????
  2. B

Hahaha didn't know this was a photo contest! The smallie below was entered in a fishing tournament and weighed. 21" long and just north of 5 lbs. Caught 2 weeks ago in bay. Currently sits 3 rd in derby. Not into posting. Personal pics on the Web sorry. Seen and caught bigger bass in bay this...
  3. B

Better. Bass fisherman than all us swear by these so I'll stick with that! Charts don't lie boys!
  4. B

The chart or charts give general guidelines. No one said they are 100% accurate or a standard. Its a genaral rule of thumb that works 95 % of the time in my opinion. For the most part they are reliable withen a few Oz. For us that bass fish alot we have come to know a average girth on either a...
  5. B

General yes but as a average rule of thumb they are reliable. A 19" will weight about four pounds with average girth as seen above. The largemouth shown above is only about 20" long but I believe it weight close to 6 lbs. There is a actual formula for this I believe its girth x length divided by...
  6. B

Seems to be some confusion on this! Check out two conversion charts. One is from IN-FISHERMAN and the other is GOHER BASS FISHING. Id say if anyone knows its the Linder boys from Infisherman. They do have over 50 years in the industry!
  7. B

SM Bass - North Shore LPB - Sunday, August 17th

Check out the multiple bass length to weight charts all over the net. I think you will see the difference. I have caught multiple largemouth from the bay that size and bigger. It's common knowledge a 19" bass is about 4 lbs give or take depending on girth. I'd post the chart but not sure how.
  8. B

Hmmm last time I checked a 20.5" bass was a hair over 5 lbs! A 21 would be 6.
  9. B

Any smallies at Bluff bar?

There are probably some out there but you don't need to go that far to find them. The low water temp has kept them in shallow. Change your approach from early in the season. Go with BIG baits and go fast. They are starting to put the late summer fall feed bag on. We landed 12 ( mixed bag smallie...
  10. B

All the bass came from 3 to 4 feet of water. Tucked in tight to cover or shore. The big boys and girls are starting to put the feed bag on now.
  11. B

Here you go , this was the smaller one. other pic did not turn out well. Need to invest in a better camera one of these days. 20 1/2'' . Eating very well. These big boys are up very shallow, maybe you guys are fishing to deep?
  12. B

Wish i knew how to post a pic!! cant seem to get them on my computer from phone.
  13. B

Hmmmm i have to disagree there spilliard, was out last night for a few hours and nailed the bucketmouths. 12 between two of us and the second and third biggest largmouth all year. one 21'' ( 6lbs) and one 20 1/2'' ( 5 lbs) . They were tucked in shallow and tight to cover but were super...
  14. B

inner bay bass

Its been hit and miss out there. Still some smallies left in the inner bay, probably due to the cooler temps. All this stir most likely stirred up the water. Last week i had one great day and one very poor day. Just depends
  15. B

Largemouth Aug 1

Nice bass boys!
  16. B

New to Long Point fishing

Also the islands hold both large mouth and "smaller" smallmouth all year. Everyone has their favorites baits in there. As far as the big smallies try any rock clumps you can find in the outter bay, anywhere from 10 to 25 feet down. Its been a funny year, the fish are spread out alot hit and miss
  17. B

Port Maitland Ramp

I launch from lowbanks at mohawk marina, its a short hike across. Good food too!
  18. B

bass on 23rd

Where do they stack up or north shore? along rock piles etc? in front of Ryerse? what kind of water depths? I am fairly new to the BIG lake bass fishing so any tips would be helpful. Thanks
  19. B

Lost my little fishing buddy today

They make the best fishing buddies for sure!
  20. B

bass on 23rd

Have the smallies left the inner bay then??
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks