bass on 23rd

angler

weather/wind has not been good.
Today nothing at TP.
Limit plus and lots of fun but not much size between normandale and fishers glen.
Hope to get down toward Port Dover tomorrow or Friday.

Good to know, I was there after the last storm trolling in my kayak and I got zero. I was fishing from the pier for a bit this afternoon and the water was great but no fish. The next time the wind is good I'll give the TP to Fishers loop a try again. TC

I'm going to also give the TP to Fishers a try tomorrow. Thanks for the report.
I'm hoping this cold snap will bring them back in again.

Pretty much, basswright, yes. That being said, you'll always find a few stragglers always in the bay, though temperature and food drives them out to outer bay (north shore and bluffs) mid July. They have actually stayed a bit longer than normal this year with the water temps remaining cool for as long as they did. :)

Thanks for the post angler. The size of fish along that stretch changes with the migration pattern. I haven't fished it for almost two weeks but my complaint last time out was not getting any fish small enough to keep. Usually I'll keep a couple of bass weighing about a pound each for the table.

Duck, I agree with you....I like smaller bass to eat, and throw anything over 2 lbs. back in the drink. I find the small sized bass have as mild of taste
as perch, rockies, and other pan fish.

I remove the mud line in the bass fillets , this also gets rid of the strong bass taste (no matter what size of bass)

I am staying with a friend this weekend in TP. I usually fish the bay or burwell side. Never fished the north shore before any tips?

Was out at EC5, after hearing the smallies had returned, and under good advice, ended up catching a couple. Had the boys with me this afternoon.
Were caught on Berkeley's Power Bait (Black Leech). Water is still surprisingly warm after that cold snap.....73F at EC5. Going back out tomorrow.
If they don't bite early, will be heading back to TP to try my luck.
Ken

Where do they stack up or north shore? along rock piles etc? in front of Ryerse? what kind of water depths?
I am fairly new to the BIG lake bass fishing so any tips would be helpful. Thanks

Definitely work the rock piles. Then do weed beds nearby.
Water depth varies . Now probably stay at 8 fow and out to 14.
But that doesn't stop me from starting in 4 fow and working out till I find them.
Last evening we did well in 8 to10 fow, not today though.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks