New to Long Point fishing

Lund Driver

Hey folks....new to fishing the Long Point area and was thinking of heading out of Turkey Point this weekend. Looks like a lot of you target walleye but I'm a Bass guy. Just wondering if I could ask for some generic info on where to head for both buckets and smallies. i am not looking for exact spots or waypoints nor do I expect or want anyone to give me that (I would'nt lol!!!!) but general areas I could look around for both species just to get started. Thanks!!!

From Turkey Point, hang a left and start fishing along the north shore towards Fisherville/Normandale area. 12'-16' range.
Have a bit of patience and you'll find several areas for them bass. :)
All the best and welcome aboard.
Ken

Inner bay has lots of Largemouth. Find the weeds and they'll be bass in them. If you go right outta Turkey and head down the north channel towards ec 10 you'll see lots of weedbeds in the water. Spinnerbaits, twitchbaits, texas rigged worms will all get them. I primarily fish by sight of the weedbeds. If you can see the weedbeds you can fish them efficiently. Good Luck.

Also the islands hold both large mouth and "smaller" smallmouth all year. Everyone has their favorites baits in there. As far as the big smallies try any rock clumps you can find in the outter bay, anywhere from 10 to 25 feet down. Its been a funny year, the fish are spread out alot hit and miss

Thanks guys...got into a few smallies Monday off Normandale in 21' on isolated rock piles. No fish on the inside or outside edges of the weeds I dind't expect to see in the 8'-16' depth of water. (I assumed it would be all sand/rock void of weeds)Huge pack of boats in the weeds i did not fish with...would they be perch guys? Does anyone have much luck in the actual weedlines for smallies?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks