Search results

1. Q

Perch - Sandhills Sunday June 13

Headed out at 5:30am. Tried from 14-42 feet and only managed half a dozen keeper perch. Was the only boat at Sandhills all morning (kinda surprised). Eventually headed a little more east to Clear Creek (guessing?) where there was a pack of 6 boats in 29 fow. Caught a channel cat but nothing...
  2. Q

Perch - Port Burwell Sunday May 23rd

Put the boat in the water and figured I’d see if I could find any fish. Tried many depths from 13 feet - 50 feet. Not a single perch (a few gobies). Water temps ranged from 52-62 degrees. Probably still a bit too cold. Bring extra money for minnows, prices are up 60% this year for a scoop 😮😮
  3. Q

Central Lake Erie Bait Shops?

What, if any bait shops are open right now with minnows? Assuming Port Bruce and Burwell don’t have any or aren’t open with their launches being closed? What about Long Point or any along the north shore between long point and Dover? Thanks in advance.
  4. Q

Fishing Report Walleye - Port Bruce - Sunday July 12th

Headed out of the channel just after 7am and stopped in 58 fow straight out from the pier, trolled south with the chop heading into 62 fow. Action was pretty constant on the dipseys 3 setting 100 back with redfins and once we got the worm harnesses to the bottom, all lead out, 500 on the...
  5. Q

Fishing Report Perch - Port Burwell - Saturday July 4th

Headed out around 6am and headed straight for the Sand Hills. Started in 37 feet and action was slow but steady. Died by 7:30, went in shallow to 24 feet to try the mudline, nothing. Moved out to 42 feet and was pretty constant action until 9:30 or so. Ended up keeping 43 perch. Lots of fat ones...
  6. Q

Perch port bruce?

Any recent Port Bruce perch outings? Going to head out tomorrow evening and will make a report of my findings, just wondering if there’s a depth or location to start at? Thanks for any feedback. Won’t have time for a run out to the Sandhills
  7. Q

Fishing Report Perch - Port Burwell - Sunday June 28

Headed back out to the Sandhills for another go at the perch while I wait patiently for the walleye to show up. 42 feet was the ticket with once again the biggest perch I’ve ever seen. Brought home 49. Bite was fairly steady but almost completely died by 9:30 for us. At one point counted 21...
  8. Q

Perch - Port Burwell - Sunday June 21

Was dropping anchor around 6:30am just east of the Sand Hills. Tried several depths from 30-45 fow catching a couple here and there before settling in at 31 and doing quite well. Ended the morning with 54 perch but figured we’d leave some for the rest of you. Bite was light but caught some of...
  9. Q

Minnows - Port Burwell

Will either location have minnows for Saturday morning? Thanks :)
  10. Q

Minnows?

Does Port Burwell Marina or Big Otter have minnows? Or has anyone caught any minnows off the piers lately? Thanks
  11. Q

Port Bruce August 14th

Still waiting to head out and find a tough bite or slow action but that still wasn’t the case yesterday morning. Set up in 57 fow and never got the 4th rod out. Hardly had 3 out most of the time. All leadcore back 275 and everything was catching. Spoons, redfins, harnesses. Purple spoon was...
  12. Q

Lake Erie conditions today

Anyone with eyes on the lake today? Supposed to stop raining soon and the wind doesn’t look too bad, but with the wind over the last couple days, not sure if it’s laid down just quite yet? Thanks
  13. Q

Burwell Perch Report - Sunday May 29th

Headed out to the Sand Hills at first light. Only managed a couple perch, was about a half dozen boats out there and didn't see anyone else catching anything either. Headed back west and there was another pack of 6 or so but no bites. Checked out in front and near the rock pier as well...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks