Perch - Port Burwell Sunday May 23rd

Quinn

Put the boat in the water and figured I’d see if I could find any fish.

Tried many depths from 13 feet - 50 feet. Not a single perch (a few gobies).

Water temps ranged from 52-62 degrees. Probably still a bit too cold. Bring extra money for minnows, prices are up 60% this year for a scoop 😮😮

$8 a scoop. Was $5 last year, at least on the south side of the bridge.
South side. (Pt. Burwell Marina) is under new ownership. That might have something to do with the price increases.

NEM in Pt Bruce is also under new ownership but my understanding is it's not the same owner as Pt Burwell Marina. Haven't been down yet to see if they have any minnows yet in Pt Bruce but might go tomorrow or Thursday maybe (weather permitting)

South side. (Pt. Burwell Marina) is under new ownership. That might have something to do with the price increases.

NEM in Pt Bruce is also under new ownership but my understanding is it's not the same owner as Pt Burwell Marina. Haven't been down yet to see if they have any minnows yet in Pt Bruce but might go tomorrow or Thursday maybe (weather permitting)
Definitely different owners in Port Bruce. He didn’t have minnows Friday midday when I called but I heard Greg did a big minnow shipment Friday evening so I’d assume North Erie would still be one of his first customers.
Sat along the pier yesterday evening and didn’t see anything caught in the 20 minutes or so that I was there, good luck when you get out though.

Thanks @Quinn. Not sure yet when I'm going. Was thinking maybe tomorrow but after looking at the weather sites I look at and what they're saying for wind conditions tomorrow morning, (ok first thing but not so ok by 11am IF they're right) I've decided I'm probably not going to go until Thursday morning when its supposed to be an offshore wind and should be more fishable than it's likely going to be tomorrow.

Depends on how many are in the scoop. The last time we launched and picked some up at old cut the scope was super thrifty. I think we paid by the dozen

Back