Where have all the Smallmouth Bass gone..... Coastguard Maneuvers?

Caught one on the North Channel early and saw a couple of others caught there @fishing diva . Maybe try along the north shore in 8 to 13 ft. of water.

Thanks will give that a try, My husband and I tried trolling for walleye near lighthouse for hrs yesterday. No luck but we are new to dipsy divers etc so could have been our inexperience,
Next stop was the Bluffs where we managed to catch 2 nice smallies and lost 2 at the boat. Rough ride home in whitecaps afterwards. I think that those 2 fish are the most expensive bass we have ever caught. Guess thats what fishing is all about!

I fished the LPBAA spring pike tourney with my son. We caught a dozen small mouth over the course of 3 hours. Two weeks later was again fishing pike near old cut and caught a dozen smallies. I have never caught so many as a by catch and it has been years since I have caught them like that. I grew up on the bay, I’m 58, and I think like others that the heat is driving them deep. It’s normal that they vacate the bay, just usually closer to August.
Good for you Richard, you are 1 of few that has had much luck.

I will agree with Blaster lots of fish in the bay from opener till even now my most productive depth has been 10.5 feet of water and the smallies seem to be in schools for some reason this year. Also as a side note we have boated a pile of walleye in the inner bay this season just wondering if anyone else has had similar luck with the eyes this year.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks