Whats going on in Port Maitland?

gilfisher

Ive been fishing out of maitland for the past 4 years and I have tried for trout and salmon with no success...this year targeting eyes using the same programme as years past and ive got 9 coho 8 bows 2 atlantics and 1 laker..not including the ones lost at side of boat lol..All fish caught with harness lol. Ive been talking to a couple friends that have been fishing this area for some time longer than I have and they never have caught any. One guy is out right now and getting bows in 40fow...another bud who was out today earlier when i was out got 5 lakers....today i got 4 eyes 1 bow and lost 3 big bows at side of boat..I believe the cool bottom temps that are taking hold down this way are the reason but not sure. I havent heard much reports of whats going on in central and west basins as far as trout and salmon goes...but in the past ive read lots of posts of these fish being caught down that way.....times are changing..i guess as the saying goes...

Gilfisher, the cooler water temps your way are definately attracting the rainbow and salmon. The west end has heated up more than normal so far resulting in low numbers of fish caught. A good storm might flip the lake and change things up in the west. Enjoy them while they are there.

And here I can only catch Walleye Gilfisher, thanks to you convinced me on using Dipsies now I have to figure out what special harness your using on the other fish. :D:D I have to look around in my boat, one of my buddies may have stuck a Banana in it some place.:D
If you see that guy with the orange shirt trolling beside you, you know what he's up to.:D probably looking for a Rainbow or two:D:D
When I left the other day buddy with the umbrella caught a big Laker and Bow.
Hope to see you out there next week, good luck bud.:finger::finger:
Case you want to know Gilfisher the Water Front Trust kids fishing day at Harbor front is August 11

Ive been fishing out of maitland for the past 4 years and I have tried for trout and salmon with no success...this year targeting eyes using the same programme as years past and ive got 9 coho 8 bows 2 atlantics and 1 laker..not including the ones lost at side of boat lol..All fish caught with harness lol. Ive been talking to a couple friends that have been fishing this area for some time longer than I have and they never have caught any. One guy is out right now and getting bows in 40fow...another bud who was out today earlier when i was out got 5 lakers....today i got 4 eyes 1 bow and lost 3 big bows at side of boat..I believe the cool bottom temps that are taking hold down this way are the reason but not sure. I havent heard much reports of whats going on in central and west basins as far as trout and salmon goes...but in the past ive read lots of posts of these fish being caught down that way.....times are changing..i guess as the saying goes...
Probably more than one reason for increase of trout and salmon.
1st thought is temp....
2 nd is bait.....none of the walleye or perch I've caught this year had any bait in stomach.
So bait is either larger or allot of competition for food ...making fish more aggressive.
3rd ....2013-15 was a good spawning years across Ontario for most species . Lake Ont is full of 3-8 lbers (salmon&trout)
Erie last year had allot of 12 -15" this year 15-18.....next year they will be 18-23 +

4th you are just a better fisherman thru years of fine tuning your techniques

And other unknown reasons àrr possible

And here I can only catch Walleye Gilfisher, thanks to you convinced me on using Dipsies now I have to figure out what special harness your using on the other fish. :D:D I have to look around in my boat, one of my buddies may have stuck a Banana in it some place.:D
If you see that guy with the orange shirt trolling beside you, you know what he's up to.:D probably looking for a Rainbow or two:D:D
When I left the other day buddy with the umbrella caught a big Laker and Bow.
Hope to see you out there next week, good luck bud.:finger::finger:
Case you want to know Gilfisher the Water Front Trust kids fishing day at Harbor front is August 11
Hey thanks for the heads up on kids derby dave will be bringing daugter down. We missed it last year due cottage time on the ottawa. I tie my own harnesses using silver streak blades copper backs various colours but this year so far water melon has been the go to colour. The michigan stinger spoon in nascar has been doing well for the eyes on 40 jet..oh the beads on harness are gold with a couple black mixed in20180714_113721.jpg20180703_152510-1.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks