Wednesday afternoon

Kemp

Hey fellas,
Been a while since I posted here, or been down to the marsh. Decided to head down and try my luck at a walk out. I got to the unit at 11 or so, and the only walk out available on the open water was 4...damn... I hate that walk. I packed up all my gear, and started out. For anyone new to long point, 4 is a decent hike, by yourself with dekes, lunch, and boom-stick can make you work. Most of the walk is through 12-15 inches of water so bring you waders. And don't forget to remember where you came out from, the trail is not marked, so be safe. Ok, enough of my whining, was a great day out! I only ended up with 2 ring-necks, but I missed a lot of opportunities. Been a While since I wing shot(usually sky bust, but thought I would try to work em today). There were lots of big flocks coming in, just couldnt get them down. Did hear lots of shooting, so I hope some people got good numbers. While walking out at close to 6, I still heard shooting.....I guess the sun sets at different times at different spots of long point? Anyway.... Had a fantastic day, I LOVE it down there. I need to get there more often. Like Disney for hunters. ok, that's my report... Haha.. See ya in the reeds.

Mike

I thought I heard shooting out that way. Better you than me, LOL! I've walked out there many times, I feel your pain.

If it makes you feel any better, I only shot two, a greenhead and a teal. At noon, I was taking a leak, look up and two redheads are decoying into my spread feet down... Had more reds bomb in and land with my bluebills with 10mins left to shoot, but I'd already cased the gun (couldn't see my bead anymore anyways.).

I know what you mean about the late shooting. Always a few shots 10 mins after, but some guys seem to think legal time is a half hour after a half hour after sunset.... :0

Went in the early Wed morning. Very few birds flew along the shoreline, but lots of high flyers. Managed got 4, but they were tiny birds: a pair of ruddies and a pair of buffies. Shot and miss a speedy bluebill, and a hovering mallard, lol. Heard that Friday is given stormy one. Will headed in again and hopefully to see swarms of birds flying low and close.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks