Upcoming Cook this Summer

hvyhaul

The Wife and family lost their 2 days short of 102 yr old mother back in late April.

Obviously with 2 years of Covid, family gatherings around the matriarch were few and far between, with only some visitations sadly towards the end.

In light of the new reality I offered to do a cook for the whole multi generation family as a reason to get everyone together like before.

They have all accepted, I could be looking at a cook for sixty people. LOL :oops::eek:🤪

I'll do a follow up report on how it goes when the day comes.

What have I done? :unsure::oops::eek::banghead::ROFLMAO: 🌻

What have I done? :unsure::oops::eek::banghead::ROFLMAO: 🌻
I heard a rumor that the best way to get in the "good books" is through the stomach, so I'd say you're setting yourself up for success😁. Prep. LOTS AND LOTS of prep ahead of time is the key. (Used to work in a mining camp where we were feeding 250+ everyday 3x/day.)

Coming from a family where 60 is a small gathering, while you may have agreed to do the cooking, get everyone to bring a side, a drink or a dessert, take some of that pressure and put it on them and then watch the fun as the phones start ringing trying to figure out who is bringing what to go with what you're cooking 😁

We're getting together at the end of July in Brantford and it's a certainty not everyone will show or we'd need a building like Budweiser Gardens, or the Brantford Civic Center to fit everyone, not just a pavillion at a park, which is why my wife gets so overwhelmed at the gatherings when we attend. Can't say I blame her. You could fit her entire family in our living room and we have a small living room.

I always tell her its ok if she can't remember everyone's name at these things when we get together, there's family at some of these I've never met so she can't possibly be expected to remember everyone's name when I don't know all of them;):ROFLMAO:.

I've got another fridge now so I have lots of room to hold prep't schtuphff.

Yupper @Trevor M the family is really good at "group pot lucking" so no concerns there.

Really curious what @stomp will be bringing. LOL :unsure:🤪🤣 🌻

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks