Unbelievable Super Bowl 51

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Not only was it the first SB OT in history but my Patriots down 28-3 late in the third quarter score 31 unanswered to win 34-28 against a great Falcon team? I came right out of my Lazy Boy after they scored the last 2 TDs both with converted 2 pointers to tie it up 28-28.

Teams down 19+ points in the playoffs were 0-93 let alone in a SB and 39 year old Tom Brady brings them back from 25 down to win a 5th ring and 4th MVP! WOW!!! I loved it, what a game and what a quarterback!

My condolences to any Atlanta Falcon fans here, they had a spectacular year. :)

WR.. You are right on, I almost changed to another station but being old couldn/t give up on the BOYS they came back for me. AF did a great job, thought they had put it to us but TB never gave up... Great game.. Red

I shut it off and went to bed after 10 min in 4th when Brady got sacked twice in a row. Woke up to this. Awesome.

@GPS... I learned a long time ago that with Brady the Pat's are never out of a game. Several years back they were playing in New England against then SB contender #1 defense of the 49ers and had 5 turnovers in the 1st half with fumbelitis . I turned the game off when it was 31-0 and when I turned it back on late in the 4th quarter Brady was throwing a TD that tied the game 31-31. They eventually lost when the 49ers managed a last minuet field goal but still one of the greatest comebacks especially against the #1 D. He also was the first QB to ever come back from a 10 point deficit in SB 49, again against arguably the best defense ever of the Seahawks. Now this miraculous come back, I will never turn my TV off again. (y)(y)(y)

WR.. You are right on, I almost changed to another station but being old couldn/t give up on the BOYS they came back for me. AF did a great job, thought they had put it to us but TB never gave up... Great game.. Red

I never gave up either Red. I thought man this looks hopeless but it also did in SB 49 down 10 against that Seahawk juggernaut D. I told myself if anyone can do it it's TB and once again he did not disappoint. A lot of credit goes to the NE defense for keeping the #1 offense under raps for the remainder of the game. ;):)

Not a fan of either team but the falcon gave the pats that game,terrible play calling by the falcons cost them. In field goal range to pretty much ice the game and you take a sack and penalty. Run the ball twice and win te game. Seahawks give the Pats the superbowl by not running the ball now the falcons do the same thing. Congrats pats fans they just know how to win!

o_O Where's the dislike button!

Umm... 25 points down and the Falcons gave them the game? Maybe you missed the fact that the Falcons were unable to run the ball in the second half against the Patriot defense? :confused:

o_O Where's the dislike button!

Umm... 25 points down and the Falcons gave them the game? Maybe you missed the fact that the Falcons were unable to run the ball in the second half against the Patriot defense? :confused:
It is not a knock on the Pats they took advantage of the Falcons and won the game greatest comeback/collapse in sports history. 3 minutes left up by 8 and in easy fieldgoal range you run the ball kill more clock kick field goal go up by 11 and pretty much game over. Just like against seattle run ball on goal line win superbowl or try and get cute throw and we all know what happened. Congrats great teams know how to win.

No problem @gibbies, was a great game between 2 great teams. I've watched every SB and this one ranks #1 in my book which is pretty much what everyone else is saying today.

I'd say it was a grey cup type of game... We have had some doozies!

Some guy bet $1.1 million on the Falcons to cover the spread of 3 points and of course they didn't losing by 6. :jawdrop:

As King Solomon's proverb in his wisdom says... "a fool and his money are soon parted." ;)

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks