TURKEY SEASON

Gunner_1

Good luck to everyone on there turkey hunt this year and be safe

Good luck guys! I'll be heading to the woods right after work is done for the day. Looks like beauty weather for the week too!!

Went out didn't see or hear anything, oh well it was just great to get back out to nature after a long winter

Was out this morning, called in two jakes, but passed on them since its still early, I know there is at least two big Toms in this bush so back at it tomorrow, who knows if the jakes come back in again, only one may leave.

Had two Jake's come in but stayed on the edge of bush and I think I screwed up by yelping instead of letting the decoy pull them in. They went off into the bush behind me.

Was exciting though and had my heart pumping.

How come the birds round here don't shock gobble at calls like all the pro videos you see on TV?

Lol. I find it so hard to locate a bird after about 2 hours into the hunt life gets silent.

I was even about 100 yards off the roost and gobbler went the opposite way.

Did hear a few shots off in the distance so I'm sure a few people got opener birds.

I was out this morning called in 2 yoties neither of them got away;):finger:
kinda screwed the bird calling but gives the little ones a beter chance to make it :) hopping tomorrow morning goes better

Came home empty handed. Rain stopped just after setup. No gobbles off the roost. Saw some hens off in the distance but no Jakes with them. Young fellow I was with didn't have ant rain gear on and didn't last long when the winds picked up first thing. Out of set up and on way home by 930. Went out for afternoon set up a blind and got ready for the wait only to find I grabbed 3.5 shells for my semi instead of 3. Oh well opening day jitters back to my bow and afternoon hunts until Sunday.

Today went much better bird in the freezer called him in to 18 yards then my nephew got trigger happy:whistle: I probably could have gotten him closer but it's ok it was his first bird and he came in gobbling and strutting was a awesome show we r taking the bow tomorrow going make him hold out for a big one;)

Tagged a big Tom yesterday, got him at my 3rd bush of the morning, around 9:30am. A heavy bird at 24.25 lbs, 10-1/8" beard and 1-1/8" spurs. Time to try and fill tag two now!

IMG_1774.JPG

Last edited:
I was out this morning called in 2 yoties neither of them got away;):finger:
kinda screwed the bird calling but gives the little ones a beter chance to make it :) hopping tomorrow morning goes better

Was out Sat with my son before he had to work. He's an apprentice so I'm calling and he's got the gun. We were working a Tom from the farm next to us and the guy on that farm got him. We stuck around and continued to call. I thought I head some gobbling from behind, way off in the distance so I was facing away from my son when I heard him click the safety off and boom. He dropped a young female coyote that was sneaking in on our dekes. Landowner was happy. One less yote to harass her chickens. Betters the chances of the new fawns also.

Nice tom jwalsh i had to finish early this year so i took this guy this morning
003_zpstusa5fmt.jpg

Well you guys are having better luck than me I seen a Tom and a hen they both flew into a tree must have been a coyote near. Haven't hear one gobble since Sunday wish I had another bush to go to lol. Good birds guys

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks