turkey opener

bassaholic

Well after some thought I think I'm gonna tough out the wind and rain tomorrow morning and hopefully see some strutting toms(y). Maybe.....just maybe the rain will hold off till lunch!

Any thoughts or info on this for a newbie? Anybody else roughing it out or waiting till Sat?

Well bassaholic i will be out there pumped up for it hope the rain holds as well
first thing you wan't to become part of the woods make sure when you find a place
to sit make sure you are comfortable you could be there a bit if he hangs up on you use
a locator find were he is don't be afraid to move around keep your distance but try to get around in front of him set up again
try using another call and watch for him he could be coming in gobbling or quiet so again don't move if you here him or see him and he is close
lay of the call they will pin point you so fast let him look around for your decoys if you think you need to call to him just do sum soft purrs and puts
i said it before this is your year bassaholic i wan't to see a pic up here best of luck to you and be safe(y)

Last edited:
The wind and rain wont be sending me back to work, The alarm is already set for 4:30am! @Gunner_1 has some good advice for you there @bassaholic, half the birds I have shot have been after I moved closer to them and once you see them, lay off the call unless he turns away from you and is starting to walk away. Good Luck to All tomorrow!

Good luck Jwalsh like you said to me i wan't to see a pic up here
you have good advice as well that's the same as me a lot of my birds where
shot on relocating on the bird and it really puts your hunting skills to the test

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks