Toledo Trip Report - Financial Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
Recently, my character has been called into question on Facebook and on other web sites. Apparently, this stems from my actions on a recent fishing trip to Toledo with Big Dave. Like everyone, I'm not perfect. I make mistakes. However, I do pay all my taxes, including the tax on income made from this web site. I do repay my debts. I don't think that I'm a "douche".

I offer up my side of the story, for consideration by those who have heard the other side. Here's my rough accounting of the trip expenses:
upload_2015-3-28_10-12-13.png
Notes:
  • Guide: I thought @captrog deserved more than US $100, so I e-mailed him a Cabela's gift card for US $100 upon my return (not shown above).
  • Groceries*: I figure I ate about 20% worth of the groceries. I can't eat cookies and M&Ms due to high cholesterol.
  • Dinner*: Big Dave bought my dinner, which was a grilled chicken sandwich costing US $10 (and was 10% off cuz I paid for the hotel room and we got a discount).
  • Rods and Lures: Big Dave kept all the rods and lures after the trip. I could have brought my own had I known there would be a charge for rod rental.
  • Cabelas: Big Dave wanted to return an expensive rain suit he had recently purchased, so we took a significant side trip to Cabelas. No big deal, I wanted to go there. Dave had a US $50 Cabelas gift card that I converted to US cash for him and then I used the card to buy some gloves (I thought I was helping him out).
  • The Infamous Spilled Beer: I poured a 1/2 box of Baking Soda in the hatch area where Dave's beer blew and then vacuumed it out a couple of days later. My wife wasn't thrilled and I won't be borrowing her car again.
Now, I did catch the 2 big fish of the day, but the biggest was 8.9 lbs, not 9.5 lbs. as reported elsewhere. I did tell Dave beforehand that if I was cleaning the fish, I was keeping the fish for my in-laws, who are both 89. He could have taken his fish with him. I didn't think that 4 small, uncleaned, walleye, that were the size of some of the thousands of Hastings perch Big Dave sees yearly, would cause such a fuss.... but here we are.

WOW ....what is wrong with some people ? Some one needs to be a "man" and stop the childish chit !!! if there is a problem wouldnt it be a much better idea to speak DIRECTLY to the person you have a problem with rather than TRASH them on other sites or Facebook ? To lose a friendship over such trivial chit is a REAL SHAME !
I personally have never met either of you gentleman ....but you seem like GREAT guys !!! hopefully cooler heads prevail, good luck fella,s

There's nothing more for me to say. Dave said he is contacting a lawyer about this.

We all know that you are a "character", but this appears to be as egregious as the Walleye & Braggin Rights kerfuffle. WE NEED SOFT WATER, winternet should end now!
I really hope this a joke.

I saw the other forum and I have to admit the post really was not complimentary and seemed pretty unnecessary to me....it's too bad it went this far over a few fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks