Ten Dollar Brisket

hvyhaul

A while back The Wife brought a pkg'd brisket home that had the typical flat cut already removed, paying only 10 bucks for it.

Goes on the Treager in the morning.

Untrimmed, rubbed and resting overnight.

$10bskt.jpg

Do you inject with anything when doing just a flat? Do you find it harder to keep it juicy?

The mother in law bought a flat and asked if I could smoke it for her. Was thinking about injecting it with some tallow from my last packer. Ben

@Crummybun this is the good end, the point/deckle , the store must have cut the flat off for someone and this made it to the meat case.

It has both muscles but the long part of the flat is gone.

I don't inject beef, I do inject pork due to its bland flavour. 🌻

Put it on 08:00 Saturday morning, super smoked at 220* until the stall. Wrapped up tight in butcher paper and back in on regular smoke until 191* at about 07:30 this morning.

Placed into a cooler to rest until temp dropped to 165* then into a 175* oven to hold until lunchtime.

Here's the result.

$10brskt6.jpg
$10brskt4.jpg$10brskt2.jpg$10brskt3.jpg
$10brskt1.jpg

The Wife is welcome to buy any $10 briskets she stumbles on in future. 🌻

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks