Off Topic Taken directly from the Gov't of Canada Covid 19 website.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5866
  • Start date
Our family just got word, one of the residents where my wife's mother is residing, tested positive and has since died of Covid-19.

Unfortunately when these retirement situations arise it all too frequently decimates the home.

Obviously the family is hopeful she is spared but being two weeks away from her 100th birthday the odds are against her

She is of surprising sound mind, but obviously frail.

Hoping for the best.

This complex is three buildings, self sufficient apartments, where my mother 92 yr old resides, a partial care building, and complete care where the Mil is cared for.

Trust everyone has their act togetherup there, as based on most models, this can go south in a hurry big time.

H

Our family just got word, one of the residents where my wife's mother is residing, tested positive and has since died of Covid-19.

Unfortunately when these retirement situations arise it all too frequently decimates the home.

Obviously the family is hopeful she is spared but being two weeks away from her 100th birthday the odds are against her

Hoping for the best.

This complex is three buildings, self sufficient apartments, where my mother 92 yr old resides, a partial care building, and complete care where the Mil is cared for.

Trust everyone has their act togetherup there, as based on most models, this can go south in a hurry big time.

H

Wishing you all the best..

Hoping for the best.

H
Sorry to hear @hvyhaul . I have a m-i-l in long-term care and there is declared an unidentified respiratory outbreak. We're hoping for the best, but it's out of the family's hands.

Sorry also for your M-I-L all we can do is hope and pray. Lost my mother during a out break in a long term care home a year ago, very hard for them to contain was a great home though. Stay positive..

Appreciate your thoughts, thanks.

Sounds like they have a handle on things from the two hour conference video call yesterday. @stomp there are two virus issues at the facility, one, as they say expected, and the single Covid-19.

Trusting the virus issue where your MIL resides, is the expected version.

Last edited:
All the best hvyhaul n stomp hope things turn out well

Thanks @Alby , the roller coaster of emotions for the family has been gone from the 100 yr celebration with letters from the PM and Queen, to okay, what kind of "Happy to you" will we be able to do and when, to, :poop: will she even survive this?

Sure has been different than planned. LOL

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks