Sunday at Port Burwell

Cap'nkirk

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Family fish fry coming up next month so Icemaker and myself headed out for some perch this morning. We headed east to the Sandhills and stopped in 34 FOW with no bites after about 20 minutes. Pulled anchor, decided to head out to forty FOW. Threw the anchor over....wait for it............here it comes....................... and the G**Damn rope with it, what was I thinking !! There it goes, sinking to bottom.. :mad:. So being as we couldn't get anchored decided to try for walleye, we weren't disappointed, started right off the sandhills in 38 Fow and headed West. Had our 2 man ticket in just under an hour. Dipsey with pink panties number 3 setting back 80 ft one side and dipsey with watermelon NK same set up did the most of the damage. I don't think it would of mattered what colour was out. Fast fishing for sure. If anyone hooks an anchor and rope off the sandhills, could be mine....lol

Been there, done that.......I'm sure the walleye helped ease the pain. Haven't tried for Burwell perch yet this season but I guess I'll have to one of these days.

We stayed away from the pack and lost 7 and landed 12. Good day overall. My boats in the repair shop so set up my friends boat to troll first time. Great company great day on water

Well it must have been an anchor loss weekend because on Saturday I set mine in 43fow between sandhills and the silver barn and it held for about 10mins and the rope broke about 10" from the boat. So my perch fishing went much the same as yours, at least we had our walleye gear to salvage the day.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks