Spring time ride.

chesapeakeman

Took the trip to Port Burwell and Port Bruce Easter Monday, to check on conditions there. Water level seems to be down one to two feet. The lake was muddy, as was Big Otter Creek. Catfish creek was pretty clean. I was told a few catfish were caught in the lake off the clay banks. Didn't see anyone fishing off either pier. The marinas don't appear to be open yet, but it's still very early. Just being out scouting eases cabin fever a bit. I'm guessing we need a couple weeks of warm weather to get the cats moving into the creeks.

Yeah it's a little early for the pier in Pt Bruce to have many people fishing from it. Might see some sitting closer to the north end of the breakwall after spring suckers though. Usually by the end of the month or early next month though people (like me) are starting to come out of hibernation and try their luck off the pier.

I haven't even started the "honey do" list yet. Mother nature isn't exactly cooperating, and I haven't even considered making the drive down just to have a peek. Maybe in a couple weeks my wife and I might do that though.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks