somebody slap me!

Buckhorn

Well, out for my first turkey trip of the season. Forgot the key for the trigger lock. Get to my spot, forgot the extra shells in the truck. Get set up and comfy, see 4 birds on the other side of the field (300yds). Awesome! Call and nothing. Wait and nothing. Decide to sneak around the field and come up behind them...... in the bush they go.

The whole time I Have a guy on one shoulder saying - slow down, let them come, BE PATIENT!!! The guy on the other shoulder saying - you can sneak up on them, you are a turkey ninja. GO, GO, GO!

And I thought the turkeys were stupid!

I tried a sneak this morning. They call me Big Dave. I don't sneak well:D

All hope is not lost. Just saw two running in the next field. My butt is staying put this time!

Well the birds I chased, umm, stalked into the woods, seemed to have met some hunters over there. Bang bang.

Oh well, I will score that as an assist.

Man sorry to hear that Buckhorn keep with it you will get one you as well Big Dave

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks