Some Perch fishing info needed

Coontail44

New to this area and want to try perch fishing,
not asking for any specific honeyholes as I assume theyre all over the bays and cuts,
but just a little direction to get me started as its quite a big area to cover out there lol
Anywhere from shore's a good place to start for me, I dont have my boat up here yet. I also target Crappie often when I can too if theres any around.
Thanks everyone

For perch in April/early May, I usually target deep into the bay near Port Rowan, where the water warms up a bit quicker. As the water warms up, the fish are spread out....if water temps are around the 60 F mark, try EC 10 BEFORE the sanctuary is set up on the 15th of May. I've also found that out in front of the Provincial Park launch is a good place when temps are between 60-65 F. Beginning of June, I usually head out and start working Pottahawk between 7'-14' range. But with all fishing, it's hit and miss. Lots of factors from rain, direction of wind (east winds are usually less favourable, I've found), and water clarity. Hope that gives you a start. :)

You didn't say where you live but without a boat the pier at Port Bruce is a good place to start. The best bait for sure is live minnows. Lots of free minnows to dip net in the channel or you can buy them from North Erie Marina or Rushcreek. The perch fishing can be very good at times off the pier from the latter part of May through June and July. I would suggest getting there early as the Bruce pier is a favorite spot for perch fishermen.

Two well known members from this forum can be regular "sinker plinkers" on the Bruce pier.
You can't miss them, one is called @packrat who is often times with is a hairy chested shirtless guy @lifesabeech. :D:D

As one who doesn't own a boat, Pt Bruce pier is where I do most of my fishing. Once in a while I might try my luck off the rocks by little beach in Pt Stanley, but don't have as much luck there as I do in Pt. Bruce. I've only been out once this year so far about 3 weeks maybe a month ago now and was skunked, but expected to be, it was very early. Haven't been out again yet due to the weather, every time I plan on going it's too windy or it's been raining for days . Hoping to get out later this week.

Port Rowan pier is pretty good. Back in the day we used to fish off the rocks at Booths harbour but I don't think they allow that any more. I have also seen people do ok off spooky hollow pier.

I will be going to the pier in Pt Bruce tomorrow morning. Will let you know what, if anything I catch. Might be a little early still. Hopefully the weather report is correct and the winds will be light.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks