Slow your troll

Sometimes speed has no bearing It's the direction your going. You'd be surprised at the water level your bait is at going 3 MPH with the currant your lure may not even be moving.
Most often you have better luck going against the current.

Hey @walleyeman
I'm doing pretty good , Growing tired of these walters, and now dealing with inconsistent wind apps and websites for weather, it's making things hard to judge if i should go or if i should stay. But i'm sure there are others out there with the same issues.
How's the fishing out your way?

Hey @walleyeman
I'm doing pretty good , Growing tired of these walters, and now dealing with inconsistent wind apps and websites for weather, it's making things hard to judge if i should go or if i should stay. But i'm sure there are others out there with the same issues.
How's the fishing out your way?
Hi S.O.S.- Fishing out my way is slow\hit and miss! I haven't been out personally. I have just gotten out of the hospital. I was hospitalized for the past 3-wks with a very bad blood infection called M.R.S.A.\Staff infection! But Iam at home now and on the road to recovery thanks. I have 6-7wks of IV.Antibiotics still to go to battle the infection but will get threw this. Thanks again for the 6-8 sticker its on the Lund! Looks real good. Again many thanks-will keep in touch.Walleyeman.

Thanks everyone. I'm going to try 3 and see what happens. Also going to get some drift socks.

Just curious, aside from the limited runtime what's the disadvantage of trolling with the Ulterra? Seems to work.

I'm curious as to this as well, I cant think of any either but wonder if someone else might know. What type of batteries are you running on the Ulterra, I've talked to a couple people who switched to AGM and said the difference was well worth the price, I've been debating on this or possibly lithium ion to get longer run times, but this solution may not help either if you already blew the budget.

Another thing to always keep in mind- Trolling too slow catches you junk fish! So pick up the speed a bit to keep them off! 2.8-3.2 mph. for me at the best of times. You want that aggressive strike always! Good luck out there Wildfire! Walleyeman.
I agree. 2.8 for me. Not a billy goat do I see

Hey @ELGuapo . I picked up 2 AGM batteries last year from a place in Hamilton. They sell factory seconds, bad label not battery. Can’t think of the name of the place put google knows. Reasonably priced I think I paid around $350 for the pair. Work much better than the lead acid ones that I replaced.

Rick

Hey @ELGuapo . I picked up 2 AGM batteries last year from a place in Hamilton. They sell factory seconds, bad label not battery. Can’t think of the name of the place put google knows. Reasonably priced I think I paid around $350 for the pair. Work much better than the lead acid ones that I replaced.

Rick
Awesome thanks I'll definitely check that out.

I run a 115 merc, on idle my speed is 2.7-2.8. I don't like to idle all day. With a drift sock on each side i can get down to 1.5 and be slightly above idle. Don't forget to pull them out before you accelerate home - lost 1 that way.

Before doing anything as far as socks and trolling plates you may be able to adjust your trim to be less efficient. I've been able to drop almost a mph when trolling just by changing the trim. Good luck....
Glad you realize speed of your presentation is one of the most important aspects of having fish bite.

agree with trim changes..
was out a couple weeks ago with rollers to my back and i was doing 1.7@600 rpm on a Evi 115HO
this motor really seems to like a slow idle tho ( 2 stroke ;) )

Before doing anything as far as socks and trolling plates you may be able to adjust your trim to be less efficient. I've been able to drop almost a mph when trolling just by changing the trim. Good luck....
Glad you realize speed of your presentation is one of the most important aspects of having fish bite.

Thanks that's a good suggestion!

I'm curious as to this as well, I cant think of any either but wonder if someone else might know. What type of batteries are you running on the Ulterra, I've talked to a couple people who switched to AGM and said the difference was well worth the price, I've been debating on this or possibly lithium ion to get longer run times, but this solution may not help either if you already blew the budget.

Plain old flooded Group 27s from Costco. I have 3, 36v

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks