She's still swimming??

can't miss

Out of Bruce Friday, usually only a percher for years, but all the chatter about shallower pic's, got my intrest. I don't have any trolling equ. and I'm not looking to get into it, run a 18 tinner and pick my days.
Dug threw the old tackle box and came up with a 2oz bottom bouncer and worm harnes, 7ft spinning rod, right off the bat picked up 2 real nice pic's, 45-50 ft. Problem is I have no bait depth idea, so a mile of line out. Really can't feel hit's, but it worked, and now I think I'm hooked, got a great meal and a freezer bag from the what I caught.
3rd fish, wow, this is what set the hook on me, that much line out on spinning equ. not much sencivity , big bouce , should have set harder but all a learning exsp.??
What a frigging riot and what a fight, biggest wally I ever caugt, or seen, hind sight is way over eating size, but at the moment, wow? From thinking bottom contact to big cat or farm animal, then finally seeing the big white belly? Thought I tired the shit out of it, have no net, just a fish percher, had my hand under the gill plate, she kicked off, cheap ass worm harness broke at the last hook and gone, wanted to dive in for another grab?
Wifey was with, a real trooper, sun, wave's, she nest in the front with umbrella, knitting and such. I took a hissy fit over loosing the fish, she heard the tantrum, out of no where, I heard thats why it's called fishing, not catching?
End of story, monster pickerel should be fine, wifey made shore??

I lost a hawg on Thursday night when my boat partner missed the fish with the net and caught the lure.:banghead::banghead:

Oh well kept going and got our limit in a couple of hours.

May take a while for him to live it down. ;):cool:

Tight Lines

RT

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks