Season Opener

chesapeakeman

Went to Port Bruce Monday afternoon, once it had warmed up a bit, for Ist fishing trip off the pier. The creek was fairly clean but the lake was very muddy. Although sunny it was windy and chilly. Talked to a few other fishermen/women who were there and they hadn't caught anything. I tried soaking raw jumbo shrimp for catfish, but nothing biting. Freezing temp's at night probably not helpful. After a long winter, it's good enough to be out on the pier again. Once the weather warms up and stays warm I'm expecting the fishing to pick up.

So, I take it you didn't see that couch potato @Trevor M on the pier yet? 😁

View attachment 85929
No, he didn't see me Bob. I was in Brantford with my mom yesterday visiting one of my uncles. Today I'm goin to get the oil changed and the tires switched from winter to summer.

I have the "honey do" list done now. She keeps threatening to give me more to do, but I keep telling her, "NO!! I've done what is required to be done every April before I can go fishin 'whenever I want to go' within reason." The last thing that needs to be done is what I'm doing this afternoon at the dealership, and I've been looking at the weather a lot more lately trying to pick a day when I'll go and park my butt on the pier. ;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks