Fishing Report SCR producing limit after limit

rastam4n

Site Sponsor
R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I’ve been taking my guests out to jig on the SCR. These days with the right wind conditions I’m sending folks home with limits. Super fun vertical jigging.
Today we even caught a 9lb rainbow. Try landing that fish on light jigging rods!
Insta post with more photos

Attachments

• 206c49a3-8da1-48a2-a221-f8cc6362b462.mp4
    5.6 MB
I see youre jigging out of a larger boat similiar to my 22' Trophy Pro. How do you do the drifts without a bow mount trolling motor to stay vertical? Id love to try with my boat but was concerned about being able to keep lines vertical

From what I hear it got somewhat slower and wally got smaller in size last 10 days. I wanted to go one more time this Sun but not sure about NW wind. I now N is bad there but NW?

I see youre jigging out of a larger boat similiar to my 22' Trophy Pro. How do you do the drifts without a bow mount trolling motor to stay vertical? Id love to try with my boat but was concerned about being able to keep lines vertical
I do have a bow mount. For me I have to pick my days carefully. Winds must be sub 10 knots. If the winds are from the south the lower limit is 7 knots.
That said. Any day in the water is a good day. Pick the lowest wind day you can and give it a try. You may not do aswell as others but it’ll still be fun!

From what I hear it got somewhat slower and wally got smaller in size last 10 days. I wanted to go one more time this Sun but not sure about NW wind. I now N is bad there but NW?
North is better than South. Any wind direction is better than south. Fish are bigger and limits but more females then males this last trip. But it needs to be less then 10 knots any more … even gusts. Will make you work with no gold in the box

Just fish the mouth of lake huron.youll see the boats no worry there.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks