Fishing Report SCR mouth Oct 29th afternoon

rastam4n

Site Sponsor
R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
We went out yesterday, fished from 3pm to dark. Landed 8 eyes, lost a lot of fish. Natural to dark colours, fish were sitting along the stained water line, 20 - 30 fow.
Big learning curve for me, running my Minnkota with a 27' boat with a cabin...lol, winds were variable coming from the North to the East 5 - 10 knots.
Before we tried it, I was not sure if I would be able to match the current, but after a few drifts it became old hat. The iPilot worked well once I figured out what it needed. The auto deploy was a back saver, that is for sure! I was amazed that we hardly touched the battery charge, came back in with over 3/4 charge left on my 3 SLA series 27 batteries.
Unfortunately, I have now confirmed that 72" is too short for this boat. It breached a few times in relatively moderate waves.
so....
My 2022 Ulterra 36V 112lb thrust 72" shaft, hardly used, is for sale as I need a longer shaft. I can sell with or without the SLA batteries.
Hit me up if interested.

I have watched a few bigger boats with bow mounts out were we fish. The motor always comes out and they lose boat control

I have watched a few bigger boats with bow mounts out were we fish. The motor always comes out and they lose boat control
I never lost control because of it, just the top of the prop was breaching the surface, if it was rougher, maybe it would cause loss of control...?
With an 87" shaft I should be good in all but the roughest conditions, not that I would fish in that anyhow.
I am not saying my boat is ideal for this purpose, but it is very doable, and it sure was nice to get out of the wind when we were at the end of the drift.

I run a hardtop with a full windshield and a kicker with autopilot. I hate the wind.

Can you not buy a longer shaft from the manufacturer and use that motor?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks