Off Topic Rapala fish cleaning knife

Three Bouys

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I’ve finally upgraded my Rapala Ion fishing cleaning knife. I’ve sworn by their performance over many years and their durability to last.
As some of ya’s known that I’ve been at a remote fly in fishing lodge up north filleting many walleye and pike for 2 years and they never let me down.
I’ve looked many times at the Bubba electric/batttery line of fillet knife’s and didn’t like the way they feel in my hand and had the opportunity to try it 👎
Lately this spring I’ve been cleaning a lot of pike (80-100) for a guy to help him out and today I got to use my new arsenal.
Special thanks goes out to Josh at Angling Outfitters who I’ve dealt with over many years.
I bought the new Rapala R12 and what a huge difference in performance. Fits nicely in your hand and the speed and torque it has is phenomenal.
It has only one draw back that I’ve always disliked. Those teflon or what ever it is coated blades are terrible. After cleaning a couple of pike I threw in one of my old blades that aren’t coated and was destined for the scrap bin.
It was like a new blade slicing through bones and skinning the pike.
If anyone is looking at upgrading or thinking about going electric/battery, I would highly consider the new R12

IMG_6762.jpeg
View attachment IMG_6760.mov

View attachment IMG_6761.mov

I’ve finally upgraded my Rapala Ion fishing cleaning knife. I’ve sworn by their performance over many years and their durability to last.
As some of ya’s known that I’ve been at a remote fly in fishing lodge up north filleting many walleye and pike for 2 years and they never let me down.
I’ve looked many times at the Bubba electric/batttery line of fillet knife’s and didn’t like the way they feel in my hand and had the opportunity to try it 👎
Lately this spring I’ve been cleaning a lot of pike (80-100) for a guy to help him out and today I got to use my new arsenal.
Special thanks goes out to Josh at Angling Outfitters who I’ve dealt with over many years.
I bought the new Rapala R12 and what a huge difference in performance. Fits nicely in your hand and the speed and torque it has is phenomenal.
It has only one draw back that I’ve always disliked. Those teflon or what ever it is coated blades are terrible. After cleaning a couple of pike I threw in one of my old blades that aren’t coated and was destined for the scrap bin.
It was like a new blade slicing through bones and skinning the pike.
If anyone is looking at upgrading or thinking about going electric/battery, I would highly consider the new R12

View attachment 85767
View attachment 85768

View attachment 85769
Hey looks great! Like @stomp I'll now bring all my fish to you Jim so you can R12 them. 😜

I've got a Rapala Model (PGEFR) battery operated knife (2 batteries) that I use. I've got replacement blades for it but haven't had to use them yet, one set of the replacement blades is teflon coated. It's all they had when I went to get them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks