Pt Bruce Sept 26

DaveJ

If there have been better Sept days I can't remember them. What a beautiful fall day. Nice breeze so NO BUGS!!!! Made for a nice walleye chop.
I stopped in 61' straight south of harbor where I was Monday. Same scene--lots of bait, lots of hooks. I ran riggers at 55 and 48 with Redfins and Bombers ..best color seemed to be silver/blue. Sliders anything red/green/silver. I boxed 5 in the 1st hour, all about 2 1/2 lbs....and most off the sliders..??? I was marking a lot of hooks at the 30' mark.
Got one pig off the bottom...about 8lbs. Released it as it looked...old. Had a few small throw-backs, lost a few at the boat, ended up with an easy limit and one bow (released).
Hopefully another trip or 2, but archery deer is around the bend and moose camp calls....

I thought I noticed a bit of a breeze in Londontown today ... first time in a a week? Sounds like a little ripple was welcome out there. Nice report!

short leads just past the prop wash.. your depth is good...55 ft has been my sweet spot over 66 fow on a 5 foot shoal off stanley,,ya going on 2 months now..i track both 8 lb balls on the sonar...good job DaveJ..

I was running short leads and wasnt doing so well so I went long. Dont know if it matters much past 30'. If Im hunting bows I put them 10-20' behind the balls and hit the gas!

Back