Fishing Report Port Stanley Walleye - Sept. 15th

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I said the other day it was my last walleye run of the season but thanks to a tip from @smokey1 they had gone deep I decided to give it another shot. I owe you one Smokey! (y)

Had a brief meeting at the Stan's Marina launch with another member here @mick before heading out. Darren and I fished 14 miles out, about 2 miles south of the PS weather buoy in 70-71 fow today. Caught our 2 man limit of walleye in an hour and 15 minuets then fished for another 1 1/2 hours trying for some bows. Didn't matter what we tried only kept catching more wallys so we did the ethical thing and called it a day before one got badly hooked. They were thick on the fish finder and super hungry so I'm sure Mick did good out there as well. It was picture perfect day out on the lake this morning. :happy:

Riggers set 50-55 ft. down using Silver Streak Mini Pink Panties/copper back & Ripplin Red Fin chrome/black back
Dipsy Divers set 130 back #3 using Ripplin Red Fin Blue Perch/black back & chrome/blue back
All lures caught fish equally as the walleye were not picky at all, if it moved eat it! ;)

IMG_1299.JPG

IMG_1302.JPG

good job @Wave Runner ....that was so funny you and darren go bye with the wave..and kept on goin...I figured you were out by the buoy....

anyway I had found the mother load right there where I was just settin up when you flew by...ya I had my 6 pics in 3o minutes...anyway I fished till 8.55 am landed 13...yes kept my 6 pics...

riggers down 55 to 60....ac shiners..same program,.pickeral were hungry....even thou they were coughin up a few smelt...

beautiful mornin on the lake..just a few bugs..on a light SW..

Last edited:
Mick--I dont really want to go 14 miles on my own. What depth were you at..closer??

hey @DaveJ lota tugs netting 50+ to 60+ fow straight out...start looking 65+...I stayed on a pod in 66.5 fow ...there was one boat straight east off bruce workin the same depth...don't set-up until you got on um....good luck out there....a fishin buddy wants to go out so I think were heading out early am

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks