Port Stanley Walleye July 5th

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Darren and I gave it another try this morning and ended with our limit but they sure made us work for them today. One was a 10.2 lb. tank that I would usually let go but Darren said he wanted it for his family fish fry so in the cooler the old girl went. :cautious: Used all sorts of spoons but nothing worked better than any other did. Riggers 25-30 down and Dipsies 65-80 back in 28-40 fow but after 40 ft. nothing but junk. On the radio boats out of Bruce and Burwell seemed to be doing much better than us at least early. We never caught a fish other than sheep and silvers for the first 2 hours in 45-47 ft. so we moved a few miles east and tried back in closer. Some said they had gone deeper but we found most were in close. We caught 2 almost within casting distance of the pier... well not quite but it wasn't too far away. :)

Best part about today... no flies! (y) :happy:

1530823440412.png 1530823513638.png

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks