port dover derby

meridian

What a slow start , fished every day since derby started .One stinking fish in all that time, it as been really slow ,but a good time to socialize with people we havn't seen since winter.
One guy got a walleye this morning , but boy did it look sick :vomit:, it was more silver in colour than yellow,one eye was white, it looked half dead,the guy threw it back in the lake,
Hope fishing improves soon, maybe I should get my boat out and try Burwell:).

Dropped into the Perch Derby trailer this morning (Tuesday May 5). The big money $2000.00 perch was caught yesterday. There are still more than 50% of the money perch left. Perch brought in every day. Lots of minnows in the river. Tickets still available for the boat draw.

Good to see the Perch are active finally. From what I have seen and been told down on the pier by the regulars it has been the slowest spring for perch in a while.

slow would be an under statement , I would say its more like dead stop .
Have there the passed 2 mornings and seen 3 perch caught,
Things will pick up ,usually about a week or 2 after the derby as finished.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks