Fishing Report Port Burwell walleye

misty river

Went out with a couple of the kids this evening and tried west of Port Burwell .
Started at 38 ft and trolled to 45 ft then turned and went back .
Got our limits in a couple of hours .
Ran only 3 dipsy rods , 2 of them 78 ft back #3 setting
Ran another behind the boat 80 ft back
Size 0 dipsy at #0 setting , with only 3ft of line behind the dipsy
This experiment caught most of the fish , lol

Nice evening
F13D39BC-6E22-4542-8309-56172E74972F.jpegBFB6F5FD-E1B3-4A06-ABEE-B2584D1F211A.jpeg

Went out with a couple of the kids this evening and tried west of Port Burwell .
Started at 38 ft and trolled to 45 ft then turned and went back .
Got our limits in a couple of hours .
Ran only 3 dipsy rods , 2 of them 78 ft back #3 setting
Ran another behind the boat 80 ft back
Size 0 dipsy at #0 setting , with only 3ft of line behind the dipsy
This experiment caught most of the fish , lol

Nice evening
View attachment 9574View attachment 9575

I have a feeling that the day you post that you went out and got skunked, is the day everyone puts everything away for season. :LOL:

My LUCK is the results from everyone’s advice from the fantastic group of guys on this forum and everyone’s willingness to help each other.

Pay it forward boys and we all learn something new
I would like to second Misty Rivers sentiments. The gang on this site has been extremely helpful - their advice giving a newbie such as myself lots of things to think about and consider and giving me a headstart when I hit the water. I am new to Leadcore and Dipsy fishing but with the helpful advice being offered on this site I feel comfortable and confident heading out to the lake.

Thanks to all for your advice.

Cheers,
Balleye

My LUCK is the results from everyone’s advice from the fantastic group of guys on this forum and everyone’s willingness to help each other. Pay it forward boys and we all learn something new

I would like to second Misty Rivers sentiments. The gang on this site has been extremely helpful - their advice giving a newbie such as myself lots of things to think about and consider and giving me a headstart when I hit the water. I am new to Leadcore and Dipsy fishing but with the helpful advice being offered on this site I feel comfortable and confident heading out to the lake. Thanks to all for your advice. Cheers, Balleye QUOTE]

If it weren't for the knowledge and experience being shared by members of this forum, I wouldn't know what I've learned since joining this forum a little over 2 years ago and I have learned a lot. When the day comes, (if that day comes) that I have my own boat, if I wasn't learning now, I wouldn't be able to put that knowledge into practice and I'd be out there not knowing what to use, where to use it, or perhaps most importantly, how to use it. The more I learn now before having a boat, the better off I'll be if or when I do have one. This doesn't just include lure selections, rods, reels, line or general locations etc, it also includes how to read the electronics. Having this information doesn't guarantee I'll catch any fish every time I go out once I do (if I do) have my own boat, but it most certainly does improve my chances.

This forum and the members of it make this by far the best fishing forum I have ever been part of. Most of the members are willing to share what they know. In many other forums or fishing groups I've been part of, getting the kind of information being shared here, is as painful as pulling teeth with no freezing or worse. It just won't happen because certain people get offended when people ask for general information. Then there's a big fight. Their attitude is they own every drop of water and every fish in the lakes and rivers and how dare others ask for general information.

When I first joined Stomps I didn't know what to expect. I quickly learned that there is a reason people come to this forum and stay. It's not just the sharing of information. It's the members. Whether you've met in person or not, everyone treats everyone else with respect, even when there is that rare disagreement or difference of opinion. They're great people. Those others groups and forums I left long ago, in fact so long ago I can't even remember their names, because they are so inconsequential and irrelevant in comparison to this one, could learn a lot from Stomps about what a fishing forum is supposed to be all about.

Let's not forget to give the deserved credit due to @stomp for creating this wonderful forum. If he had the success at fishing that he has had building this forum into what it has become the "Infisherman" himself, Al Linder would have to step aside to pay respect to Stomp's greatness. :giggle::D
So you're say @stomp can run an internet board but not a planer board??? Sheesh, that's not very nice. Accurate, but not nice. :cool::D

@HTHM… That's probably what I'm trying to say but I think it's a little more complex than just a planer board. There's probably a number of factors involved such as sometimes falling overboard makes it difficult to hook into fish when splashing around in the water. :oops: :smuggrin:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks