Port Bruce walleye trolling advice needed.

Hey all!
I am planning on trying my luck on open water come Saturday and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.
I have a 19 foot inboard boat with a 4.6 (I am hoping this will troll slow enough). I intend to troll 5 lines The 2 outside rods will be on dipsy's set at 3 trolling @ 35-45 feet deep. The next 2 rods will be dipsy's trolled on 1.5 setting at around 45-55 feet deep. and the inside rod will be a miny dipsy trolled back around 150 feet. I am planning on running spoons crank baits and walleye harnesses. I have an old fish finder that I'm not sure will be very good at marking bait or schools of fish.
What I was hoping someone could help with is where to go (I have heard anywhere from 7 miles to 18) and what to change in my line plan. Does anyone have any lure advice . My original plan is pulled from reading what I can find on line but I would really appreciate if a local guru could point me in the right direction.

I'm no guru but I run my dipsies around 90 to 150 feet out on 3 and pull them with braided line. I usually just run two dipsies and put two riggers down with 100 foot leads minimum. I run spoons almost exclusively mostly Silver Streaks and Knockouts. I like copper backs on spoons, duller flash. I stay small on sizes no more than 4 inch spoons. You'll hear about several consistent producers for colours on here as well. I personally like greasy chicken , green dolphin, blue dolphin, blueberry muffin, orange crush and lime rickey.
Your rod plan sounds good but you didn't say if you're running planer boards or not. As for how far out you need to go that almost depends on the day. It stays 40 ft out there for a long time so I think of not stopping til I hit 50 ft then I troll straight out til I find bait. Usually you're about 7 to 13 miles out.

Thanks for the feed back. I won't have planer boards for the first few times out. I'm already looking at enough of a start up cost with just my dipsies and a few new spoons plus rigging all my old salt water reels with new line. Do you run snubbers on your divers

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks