Port Bruce Sunday

Jveri

Made it to Pt.Bruce yesterday afternoon with the gf for an afternoon troll. Trolled from 47-54' of water straight out from port then headed east. Caught our first walleye (5lber) in 48' about 30' down on a monkey puke spoon, ended up getting 5 white bass as well before the afternoon was over. Marking tonnes of baitfish in the bottom ten feet of the water column and tried fishing that deep with no luck. No action on the leadcore lines tried fishing them from 3 colors all the way to 8 and nada. Things should only heat up here in the next few weeks. Bugs were atrocious out there

Fished Burwell Sunday as well will virtually the exact same results. 1 eye around 5lbs 32 down on the rigger and then a bunch of silvers. Leadcore...nadda.

I have never had much luck with my leadcore not sure what it is. My dipsy rods easily outfish my lead rods 2-3 to 1. Thinking about adding a wire dipsy to my arsenal and running 3 dipsys 2 lead.

Leadcore usually rocks for me. I would say 75% of my eyes usually come off leadcore. Dipsey's don;t normally do as good for me on Erie. Lake Ontario is a different story.

My leadcore usually out-produces my Dipsey lines as well especially for Walleye, Trout and Salmon is a bit closer to the same.

The 1o colour leadcore is a must have for erie walleye. I run 2 to 4 leadcore rods with the inline planer boards. On most days I don't even bother fishing with my downriggers, unless the walleye are really deep. I find my lead core rods are usually none stop reeling. Unfortunatley you have to clean the junk fish (silver bass and sheepshead) off your line inbetween filling up the cooler with walleye. Saturday am I must off through back close to 20 silver bass. Some of them were really big. I don't even bother keeping them.. like some. I also have dipseys. I have done well with them in the past running them with spoons for erie rainbows. The riggers and sliders also work well in the past with the erie rainbows...if they would start to show up.

Back