Port Bruce Perch

kdarc22

Hey Everyone,

I am looking to head over to port bruce sunday morning to do some perch fishing. This will be my first time going there, I have a 16 ft legend exterminator bass boat with a 50hp 2 stroke on the back just wondering if this boat is big enough for the waves at bruce?

The wind conditions are looking to be light for sunday morning.

Also after reading a bunch of posts on here it looks like bruce is hot right now for perch, just wondering the techniques being used to catch them, mostly dropshotting with a small hook and minnow?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I was out at pottahawk yesterday from 8 am until 2pm and didnt have much luck we fished near the # 6 sign on the trees at shore. Fished anywhere from 20-10 fow and only caught 2 perch. got 5 small whitefish and a sheepshead during that time, we were just drop shotting minnows about a foot off the bottom.

Follow the pack of boats probably just east of Port. Or go find your own spot....usually lots of perch from 25-50'. Drop your minnow down w a weight at the bottom hook two feet above it....or use a pick rig...jig it up and down a little and reel when the perch bite! Your boat is fine....have fun!

Like said ,You will be okay in your boat. Find the pack and fish there . Just give people some space . I always drive down to the pier 1st to check out the water conditions befor i launch . Greg will give you lots of help at the ramp. Enjoy .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks