Port Bruce perch today 10:30 - 4:00

triggerfish

Nice, the perch are now in Bruce . I was fishing solo farthest west of a huge group of boats today in 43'. 1 rod limit of 9.5"+ keepers and over 100 8"+ released in 5.5 hrs. Only caught about a dozen dinks, 3 gobies , and a big sheephead. Bite was almost immediate when minnows hit bottom.Fish stayed under boat pretty much all day except from about 1:45 til 2:15. My first ever limit. They turned their noses at salted minnows today.

Fantastic, I am going to screw everything up for anyone wanting to fish Bruce tomorrow. I am going to come out there 1 MORE time. That will mean zero fish for every one too. If the Don and I don't get a meal out this trip that's it I surrender. Last year we hit them every time we headed west, this year? Scunkerrama except some real beasts we caught. Not many but monster 14"ers.

I think I will try and go for a record of Goby's in one day and maybe the luck will change, maybe.

If you folks want to ass the hat so we stay east where it looks like we belong that is more than acceptable to me.

Slept in today. Out on the water at about 9:00 am. Out of Port Bruce. Went with the pack. They were spread out , approx 50 boats. We were approx 2 miles south and another 2 miles east. Anchored in 40 feet of water. My wife and I fished for about 5 hours and ran out of minnows, catching about 70 perch. Threw a lot of small ones back. They were all on the bottom or up several feet. Good day! Great perch dinner.

C U OUT THERE:D

@HORTY are these stellar reports all true? I've fallen for this before as far back as a week ago. I have a call out to Greg but he must be busy or trying to get a few hours of rest in. I don't want to jinz you guys as this has been the worse year for hunting perch for me since moving out to the lake, 19 years.

JD

Was out again today from 10 til 2:30 with a bud (who got sick, purged and and spent the last 1.5 hrs trying to nap). We were in same depth straight out and got 80 with equal throwbacks.Bite was constant til 1pm , same time bud got sick. Waves made it a pain in the A@@ today to capitalize on the bites. Only 3 real jumbos and lots of 9"+. Tried smaller salted today and had lots of stolen minnows as they were not hardy enough for more than 1 tug. Say a few boats not getting their anchor to hold today. The 30 fish I got when cleaned weighed a few oz shy of 3lb.

@HORTY are these stellar reports all true? I've fallen for this before as far back as a week ago. I have a call out to Greg but he must be busy or trying to get a few hours of rest in. I don't want to jinz you guys as this has been the worse year for hunting perch for me since moving out to the lake, 19 years.

JD
I think you need to move if you don't get bite within 10 minutes or so. We used fish finder to mark school then dropped minnows and anchor and never moved.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks